Fly Fusion Forums

Wholesale Sports Bought

I call bull on this untill anyone can come up with any kind of proof that isnt just rumours.

Alright I take it back, I confirmed it for myself today. This is very interesting indeed. Makes me wonder though why the owners decided on now to sell. Could it be becasue some real competition is finally coming to town, so they figured to get out now?

Guest bigbadbrent

They bring stuff into the states from overseas that is not made in the states. It gets dutied coming into the states. it is then shipped from the states to canada. since it is not american made, it is dutied again

or at least that's what i've heard

I think their prices will be the same as wholesale, and the gas money that you will spend (especially by the time it is open..) to get to balzac and back will negate all savings...Wholesale will take the southern end of town, bass pro the northern.

Why would they need to import items from the states? Home Depot doesn't...Bass Pro won't need to, either. It will be a seperate division of the same corporation. They will be able to import stuff directly into Canada, just like Wal Mart and Home Depot.

Maybe, I don't know crap. But, talking to several boys at both Russells & Wholesale, UFA is way off. Wholesale supposedly owns Russells. Wholesale's building resembles way too much Cabela's. Wholesale has been unloading "Cabela's" boxes since they moved to the new location. They also unloaded Water Skeeter last fall and you'll note that Cabela's did too.

Coincidence, I think not. So long as they match the US pricing, I'll still look there.

Cheers