Fly Fusion Forums

Back From Mexico

Way to go SJW. I just returned to Banff after running my final 14 trips in Jamaica for the season. No sailfish for my clients but we did get 3 marlin on the fly 110-140 lbs released, 5 marlin 90-180 lbs released on light line stand up gear, 17 mahi mahi 6- 50 lbs, 11 wahoo and approx 50 tuna. Oh man I can't wait for winter again and another 5 months running charters. Question for you. Are they using circle hooks on the boat you were on ?

Now its time to fish the Bow and other watersheds and I am equally excited to get to know all the great guys on this board.

JAH Bless and

Tight Lines and Sharp Hooks to All

www.sportfishingjamaica.com

Nah just sore pride as we were puking so damn much. I never ever got sea sick until this trip. Was brutal. Just one look at my GF after we caught the second one and I made and exec. decision. We both caught the fish we came out for in the first 30 minutes. Hell she was on a fish within 5 minutes. No other boats caught fish either. Yet for some reason we got 2 right away. Its almost like i got Russ's luck for a few minutes.

Am I the only one that seems to think the belly has been cut and Dave released this fish onto a Stringer..... :o

Feeding our heads with your C&R lies again Dave....

All joking aside that is a beatiful fish and a nice accomplishment. Maybe one day I will make it out to southern chuck and catch me one of those bad boys (or girls)

Nice Fish DD!

Hell of a couple of fish. Congrats.

Seasick ain't no fun is it? I won't go very far offshore unless it it pretty calm.

What's with the rug burns on the knees?

Those are probably from kneeling on the hull of the boat "chumming" while he wasn't feeling well! I've seen it happen before, definitely not a pretty site. Nice fish BTW Dave! That'd be worth getting a replica made for the wall!

Those are probably from kneeling on the hull of the boat "chumming" while he wasn't feeling well! I've seen it happen before, definitely not a pretty site.

If that's what you kids are calling it these days. And I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight.