here's the round #3 brackets:

(8) Badger - entered

vs.

(26) clyde - entered

---------------------------

(9) bigbadbrent

vs.

(10) Terry H - entered

the topic for round #3 will be WOVEN FLIES...any pattern is acceptable as long as there is some method of weaving involved in the construction of the fly...entries to be emailed to me again and the deadline is Sunday, April 20 at 10PM (or whenever i get back from my fishing weekend :lol: )...good luck to the final four...

i'll be gone for the weekend (some early season camping and fishing to be had)...i will post the flies/poll on sunday...three flies have been submitted and i'm just waiting on brent (if he can get one in amidst his hard work studying)...so if you send me an email and i don't respond brent, no worries... :)

Guest bigbadbrent

you guys are KILLING me, final at 8am monday...begging you to extend the deadline till monday at 10 pm

will try tomorrow and saturday night...i have not the slightest clue what to tie...

you guys are KILLING me, final at 8am monday...begging you to extend the deadline till monday at 10 pm

will try tomorrow and saturday night...i have not the slightest clue what to tie...

DBT -- I vote to give BBB a break, and stretch the deadline. It's a long time since I've written exams (maybe a couple of centuries), but I'd have hated to have something as important as a KOTV round happen concurrently. And it's been such a great contest so far, no sense giving anyone, especially me, a free pass to the next round.

Terry

Guest bigbadbrent

i had my books and notes with me

take that ol' man

thank you terry, hopefully i can get it done before hand..just would rather worry bout Analytical Chemistry then you kicking my butt with a woven fly (i think i've woven one fly, ever)

Studying while catching fish in the wind at BH. Bet that was something to see. A new definition of multi-tasking.

My best fishing trip ever was one foggy morning in Texas the morning before a 2 PM exam. Priorities my young apprentice, priorities.

I can vouch for the Kid....He did indeed have his head to the books all the way to and from. Better part of 6 hours on the drive is most likely more than he would have studied if he'd stayed at home.

I will however add that I kept my fly boxes out of his reach to help keep him from the temptation of cheating.....Just the one weak moment Brent, but you pulled thru. ;)