Fly Fusion Forums

Fc Boat Launch Access ?

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the gates are locked trying to get to the FC boat launch from the sundance side of sikome lake? I was able to access the launch from bow bottom however ... Does anyone know if these gates will re-open anytime soon or are they closed for good? Thanks

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the gates are locked trying to get to the FC boat launch from the sundance side of sikome lake? I was able to access the launch from bow bottom however ... Does anyone know if these gates will re-open anytime soon or are they closed for good? Thanks

If the gates at Bow Bottom are open, the gates from Sikome will be locked. This is to prevent using FC as a short cut (at least that is my bet as to why).

Like rickr said, Sikome gates will remained locked, because of the construction going on in Fish Creek last season, they open the Sikome access because they had closed the access from Bow Bottom (closed between Hullswood & boat launch). Now that Bow Bottom access is open again, the south gates will remain closed and used in emergency situations only.

Guest bigbadbrent

yeah, and the keys are damn impossible to find..i've asked everyone and anybody.....gotta get a CO drunk apparently lol

yeah, and the keys are damn impossible to find..i've asked everyone and anybody.....gotta get a CO drunk apparently lol

i bet if you got ahold of a city master key it would open it right up.

it may not be all that hard to find a drunk city worker....

Heck of a lot faster than driving around. If you park on top of the hill, it's only 5 min to Hullswood.

Sure was nice when the gates were open all last year though!

Yea I realy enjoyed the quick access, I live in the NE and it's a loop around for me, mid you I have a number of other spots....

Thanks for the info guys, sure was nice when you could get in from the sundance side...oh well. I think I'll park at sikome lake and walk in when I do happen to fish there, it will definitely be faster from where I live.