Fly Fusion Forums

Printer Help!

have to hand in a paper tomorrow morning. Ran out of black ink, and just replaced it. now the black isnt working at all????? just prints white...ie nothing. its an hp officejet all in one....

tried the alignment page...nothing...no idea.

u print a test page yet?...if you have and it's not working, take the cartridge out again, clean of the metal connections gently, reinstall and try again...if nothing still, run the troubleshooter software that came with your printer (usually in the printer help)...last effort, track down someone else's printer to print off what you have to until you figure it out...don't know if that helps at all...

If you still have the packaging, check for an expiry date, or try setting the date back on your computer - HP has been using this technology to "ensure the quality of your printing" (i.e. make you buy another cartridge filled with crap that's more expensive per ounce than gold).

Guest bigbadbrent

Mitch,

hopefully you got my text. Email me it, i'll print it, come get it at the shop at 9, if you don't need it before that

Mitch,

hopefully you got my text. Email me it, i'll print it, come get it at the shop at 9, if you don't need it before that

No, didn't get your text. but got hold of a friend to print it off for me. but thanks anyways, appreciate it

dr. - you supply me with a pontoon and i will use it for that.

gonna take it to the cartridge back and complain. hopefully get a new one...things are expensive

I hate inkjets..

Forgive me for asking the extremely obvious stupid question... but did you peel off the little plastic covering before you installed it?

Not trying to insult your intelligence but you have to understand the people I deal with at work on a daily basis!!

Just yesterday alone.. we had "my extended desktop isn't working.. my laptop screen is blue but my monitor screen is all black and I can't see the Windows login!!" My coworker walks over and presses the power button on her monitor.. voila!

and.. "we have an URGENT issue on the 25th floor.. we're having a meeting.. everyone's there, and jane doe can't get the projector to display the image!!' Coworker walks up and looks at the video cable. These projectors have cables with one end DVI and the other end VGA. DVI to the projector and VGA to the laptop. So what did this genius do? DVI from the projector... around... and VGA BACK INTO THE PROJECTOR!! She's like "I don't understand why it's not working??!" My coworker says "it's because you have the projector plugged into ITSELF.' and everyone in the room proceeded to have a good laugh at her cost! Of course.. none of those wise asses could figure it out either.

I hate inkjets..

Forgive me for asking the extremely obvious stupid question... but did you peel off the little plastic covering before you installed it?

lol, ya that was the 1st thing i checked.