Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Regs Are Now Out.

Thanks for the regs note.

RE: buying licenses online. "Buy your WIN card and your sportfishing licences online 7 days a week, 24 hours a day — Coming May 2008."

People will hate me for being ungrateful and a cynic.

The start date will allow the system to ease in with the online service. However, May 2008 is of no use to a fishing junky who needs to fish on April 1. ;)

In 2009, we can all use it.

And in April, 2012 I won't give a care. Unless seniors will then have to pay. :D

acknowledged rant;)

Weedy1...re fees. Agreed that an increase is good.

Yabutt!!

Canadian Resident from outside Alberta: Age 16 and older $25.66 This is bullshit!!

Youth (less than 16 years) No Licence Required This is bullshit!

Non-Resident from outside Canada: Age 16 and older Annual $70.90 ... A good start but not near high enough!

Limited (5-day) $47.63

Limited (1-day) $26.63 Why can't a poor, working stiff Albertan who gets to fish one day a year buy a one-day license for ten bucks?And don't give is the old "administrative fee" bullshit. This is blatant discrimination against poor Albertans.

The minister wrote me and said they don't want to charge people under 16 so that the sport is encouraged. Fine. For young Albertans I totally agree. But what bloody business is it of ours that some younguns from Germany or Saskatchewan learn to fish?! Not our problem. Make 'em pay. We are NUTS to give away the resources to outsiders. Anyone that pays taxes in Alberta should be incensed that we have to subsidize the fishing recreation of non Albertans.

And never forget. A guide from SK or BC can guide three anglers a day and make $500 per day on our resources and, provided the guide does not actually fish, HE DOES NOT PAY ONE BLOODY PENNY TO DO SO! BULLSHIT ...

You SRD guys in Edmonton read these boards. Fix this nonsense!! The licensing fees we charge outsiders is bullshit. Ask me how I feel about subsidizing recreation of foreigners from BC and other countries. FIX IT IN 2009!!

Maybe it is time again for Mitchell to write another 18-page letter.

Ask me how I feel. And no, I don't feel better after this acknowledged rant. We should all be equally pissed at the license fees charged to outsiders.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Tell Ted.....

The Hon. Ted Morton

Minister of Sustainable Resource Development

420 Legislature Building

10800 - 97 Avenue

Edmonton, AB T5K 2B6

I checked out the link, & I have one question: How come people from India don't require a licence? :blink:

ahahahahahahaha oh my god please tell me your joking :lol: if your not joking acutually either way thats one of the funniest thing i've seen in a while...nice bob nice...

acknowledged rant ;)

Weedy1...re fees. Agreed that an increase is good.

Yabutt!!

Canadian Resident from outside Alberta: Age 16 and older $25.66 This is bullshit!!

Non-Resident from outside Canada: Age 16 and older Annual $70.90 ... A good start but not near high enough!

Limited (5-day) $47.63

Limited (1-day) $26.63 Why can't a poor, working stiff Albertan who gets to fish one day a year buy a one-day license for ten bucks?And don't give is the old "administrative fee" bullshit. This is blatant discrimination against poor Albertans.

The minister wrote me and said they don't want to charge people under 16 so that the sport is encouraged. Fine. For young Albertans I totally agree. But what bloody business is it of ours that some younguns from Germany or Saskatchewan learn to fish?! Not our problem. Make 'em pay. We are NUTS to give away the resources to outsiders. Anyone that pays taxes in Alberta should be incensed that we have to subsidize the fishing recreation of non Albertans.

And never forget. A guide from SK or BC can guide three anglers a day and make $500 per day on our resources and, provided the guide does not actually fish, HE DOES NOT PAY ONE BLOODY PENNY TO DO SO! BULLSHIT ...

You SRD guys in Edmonton read these boards. Fix this nonsense!! The licensing fees we charge outsiders is bullshit. Ask me how I feel about subsidizing recreation of foreigners from BC and other countries. FIX IT IN 2009!!

Maybe it is time again for Mitchell to write another 18-page letter.

Ask me how I feel. And no, I don't feel better after this acknowledged rant. We should all be equally pissed at the license fees charged to outsiders.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Tell Ted.....

The Hon. Ted Morton

Minister of Sustainable Resource Development

420 Legislature Building

10800 - 97 Avenue

Edmonton, AB T5K 2B6

i, like you, have been writing letters for awhile...it doesn't make cow nut's difference unless there's a significant majority letting their opinions known...sucks i know...guess we'll just have to keep inking our pens...

So the one real peeve I have always had, non-Albertans paying the same for licenses as Albertans remains the same.... :angry:

Ridiculous.

One question on the fees though. It's nice to see a "Classified" harvest put on Walleye, but I only see an amount for Albertans. Does this mean that non-Albertans cannot harvest Walleye, or does it mean they just don't have to buy the license....Option B wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Also, I've bought my BC license online for the last two years and have to say that it's the Cat's Ass. Just got my 08/09 and it took a total of about 11 minutes to fill in the form and print up the license....Done. Beautiful system and I hope they get Our's up soon. Although it would just make it easier for non-Albertans to get their's, if they can afford that huge amount.

I only had to pay $55 as a non-BC resident.