Fly Fusion Forums

$250 Waders

I have some Bear or Behr chest waders... (as in my avitar)Cant member how its spelt ... That I have bush wacked Fairly hard for the last 3 years and dont even have a trace of a leak..and very warm in cold conditionns...think I paid 100 bucks for em.

I have the waders Troutlover is talking about. Milano is the company. I think Hanson's is selling them for $239 if you say you heard about it on the board.

They are breathable, built in belt, lined front pouch, inner zipper pouch. Very well constructed. I've used mine all winter, no leaks. I love them, they've replaced my Simms. 1 yr warranty.

Guest RedWiggler

Ive been wearing Cloudviel Crystal Creeks since October-07 and they leak in 3 spots, both feet get wet and the crotch. That being said out of the 4 pairs of waders I have owned they all leak eventually, thats a lie the first pair I owned were $70.00 Bushlines that I bought at Crappy Tire never leaked until I fell down that cliff and they were basically torn away from my body by the time I was done sliding/rolling down the hill.

After it's all said and done I have to say that I was getting to a point of frustration with all breathable waders...I have had ,Bear,Simms,Hodgeman,Wardell,Loop, Greys,and the list keeps going. I was to a point of saying F..it, instead of spending all that money on waders I would wear either the nylon Denier or neo'...along comes Snowbee and proved a point. There are waders out there that don't leak...with the largest selection of waders in europe one would question why...they don't leak! I am one every happy camper,and a dry one at that. They have several series of breathable waders,stocking foot and boot foot...the expensive waders have a front zipper for easy "peeing" :rolleyes: ,and all the other things you can think of. The classic waders are in the price range you are speaking of....with or without boot foot..my preference is the bootfoot...warmer and I never froget my boots!

Go to the Nile Creek add on this forum and click onto Snowbee

C

CDONE on this site has a pair of zip fronts...

Conor,

See previous (recent) post in the "General Chat" section... He/she may want to consider paying a little more, i.e. you get what you pay for (IMHO - and a few others). That being said, I hear Wardell (sp?) are pretty economical and pretty decent. If your friend wears size 10 boots, I have a pair of brand new Patagonia wading boots FS (even tough expensive they have a life time warrantee - referencing the earlier posts I mentioned). If your friend is considering neoprene, he/she will be too hot in the spring/summer/fall... Just my $0.02.

Peter

Most high priced waders are excellent. When you pay for quality, typically you get it.

That does not mean that there are not less expensive options, which in some cases can be as good. If you know someone who has had a good experience with a less expensive option, it gives you a level of comfort if you choose to go with the less expensive option.

Snowbee sounds like an option. I didn't see the prices, but I know Islandguy fishes a lot and I trust his opinion. The primary one being "they do not leak."

I also think you would be hard pressed to find many on this forum (Max, LK2, toolman, BBB, and maybe a few others) who have fished around here than I have this winter. I also think you would have an even harder time finding someone more clumsy on the water! The waders I use are less expensive, I've beat them up, and they do not leak.

In my best Forest Gump accent "that's all I have to say about that."