Fly Fusion Forums

He's Back Look Out Boys Haha

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbadbrent

You know they've never caught an 8lb'er when they call that 8lbs..or even state 'this is like a salmon'

i hope i see one of these guys gill a 22-24' rainbow.....

Is it wrong that I was hoping they would roll their truck on the way in?

No. That fish is 23 inches and 5lbs at the very best. This guy said he got a 38 pound brown in the Bow too, so yeah, he's full of it on fish sizes that's for sure. These guys hit the highwood area every year for a month, and pretty much gill every fish and THROW them back in on release to spite fly fisherman. I suggest we get a C.O. down there this year, or someone should film him when he does that, so we can show the world what a arse he is.

No. That fish is 23 inches and 5lbs at the very best. This guy said he got a 38 pound brown in the Bow too, so yeah, he's full of it on fish sizes that's for sure. These guys hit the highwood area every year for a month, and pretty much gill every fish and THROW them back in on release to spite fly fisherman. I suggest we get a C.O. down there this year, or someone should film him when he does that, so we can show the world what a arse he is.

The sad part is throwing down and absolutely stomping these idiots wouldn't prove anything.. as satisfying as it would be.

Pretty sure I met the cameraman on the river the other day fishing count down rapalas. Seemed like an ok guy, we chatted for awhile.

I do get tired of the "to all you fly fisherman" crap. But I also get tired of the crap coming from some fly fishermen to spin fishermen.

I'm also quite certain the inability to correctly estimate fish sizes is not limited to spin fishermen.

i already called him on his fish handleing a few months back, i also commented on how he gave dirrections to a few holes.

this is the responce i got.

"Subject: How about you go **** yourself bag licker.

Message: Hey sack muncher, I would love to meet up with your ****ing ugly mug somewhere out on the river so I could teach you a lesson in violence let alone a lesson in common sence. It's ****ing homo's like you I love to put in the hospitial for free. I sure hope to meet up with you very soon. Poaching, you don't even have the slightet ****ing clue what your talking about do you. Probably a flyfisherman and a calgarian to boot."

i never responded to it because im waiting to run into him on the river, i sure hope i have a streamer on my line when i see him floating by in his raft!!

hopefully hes wearing his life jacket

It's unfortunate that's the response you got.. but I can't help but wonder how your email was written bigbadbrown? Did you politely make some suggestions as a fellow angler, or did you sort of point fingers?

I find it strange that he made they make those comments about 'flyfisherman'.. but at the same time on his website he talks about fly fishing as an art, mentioned Lefty Kreh and Bob Clouser, and suggests some books and stuff.

I'm sure this guy has the best intentions like the rest of us do. It seems to me like half the time he's telling his buddy Todd "okay, let's get that fish back in the water now" while Todd insists on holding it up to the camera for another 10, 15, seconds.. sometimes more.

I know I've done it before! And I really didn't know any better. Heck.. one night I was out with Toolman and MTB and my buddy CDock.. caught a beauty rainbow.. but I had a "Hawgstoppah hookset" apparently and was fighting to get the stupid thing out. Meanwhile Toolman is saying "okay Ryan.. give him a breath.. give him a breath" ... "Ryan, give him a breath!" .. I swear he said it like 5 times before I was like.. "OH.. yeh, I should put him back in the water for a bit." I was starting to worry that I forgot to debarb my hook.. i'm thinking "great, i'm out for the first time with Greg and Brett and I hooked a gorgeous rainbow with a barbed hook! Great!" When I finally got it out I did check, and thankfully it was de-barbed.

Anyways.. got a bit off topic there but i'm wondering if a message along the lines of "from a fellow angler to another.. I know you have the best intentions, but I think your buddy Todd might need a bit more encouragment to try and keep those trout in the water as much as possible.. I know, because I didn't know any better when I started until people mentioned it to me. I'm worried that other people who don't know any better might be watching these videos and learning that it's okay to hold fish out of the water for that long (even though you're saying 'okay, get him back in the water now')" or something like that?

lmao UH OH........HEs back LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hes freakin back AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA from rehab?..that made my day.."look he's doin the twitch" HOLY F*** he is freezin too death eh thats y he is twitchin..thanks for killing a fish.........ignorance is bliss i suppose... so hardcore too..."NO RIVER ACCESS" wow..thanks for posting "your" spot and givin the ice conditions holmes!~ only hardcore badd a$$'d mofo's like that have the balls too bump DMX n rock it like its hot on "private/secret" runs on the lower bow.....i love these guys... cheech n chong of the bow river!

birchy i actually commented on one of his videos, i looked through all his videos to see if i could find the comment and looks like he deleted it.

this is how it went

nice fishing handling buddy your play those fish out pretty bad and leave them out of the water for a pretty long time.

he gave his location in the video as he does in nearly every video. so i said your just making it easier for poachers to find fish.

i didnt say anything nasty by any means. just stated the facts.

birchy i actually commented on one of his videos, i looked through all his videos to see if i could find the comment and looks like he deleted it.

this is how it went

nice fishing handling buddy your play those fish out pretty bad and leave them out of the water for a pretty long time.

he gave his location in the video as he does in nearly every video. so i said your just making it easier for poachers to find fish.

i didnt say anything nasty by any means. just stated the facts.

BBB... I have to admit bud, I can see how he would jump on that. There are definitie hints of sarcasm in your tone and from what I can tell of this guy, it's all he needs to get riled up. Sack muncher... haven't heard that in a while.

You have to realize that with people like that, getting a reaction from people is their thing. Why else would he show "No River Access" and announce to Calgary Fly Fishers that he is back. OOOhhh wow... like Maxwell said, he's back. I have always found the great people in this world don't have to announce how good they are or that they are back. I guess that's the difference between Tom Brady and Chad Johnson. You are Tom... this idiot is Chad.

The best thing we can do is not get caught up in his little world of trash talking. Take him for what he is, a moron who likes to get in peoples face, and hope to catch him doing something illegal and go about our own business. This guy just isn't worth it.

later

Added on- BTW, I went to his blog and checked it out. He appears to be a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde kind of guy 'cause his site is actually better than I thought it would be. Anyway...

that message was from july and i never did respond to his message.

i ignored it, i wasnt looking for a confrintation with this guy

just thought i would share the message with you guys so you can see what hes like.

i have left it at what it is but it still pisses me off.

I have been looking at his site off and on this morning (working hard ;) ) and it's a slick site and it seems the guy knows some sh1t and loves catching fish and loves making money doing so. Sure I don't like the way that fish was handled and a long handle net would have gone a long way in helping that trout but we have all handled a trout poorly at sometime in our lives just not on video. Secret spots on the Bow? no such thing. poachers will poach and they will do it where it best suites them. I have seen them at Carsland, Jensons, fishcreek, Bowness and Cochrane and everywhere inbetween.

Great comments BBT and Lukes father.

Also keep something in mind.....

I did a lot of fishing with bait with my boys back home in Texas. I got soooooo sick and tired of listening to lure fishermen call bait fishermen potlickers (a very derogatory term) and how Potlickers were killing fishing in Texas (which is utter nonsense). Then listening to the new kids on the block (fly fishermen) call anyone who wasn't fly fishermen potlickers, and how they were all killing the fishing in Texas.

Anyway, whenever one groups appears to claim superiority over another (and if you don't think some fly fishermen claim superiority either spoken or unspoken, you are not paying attention) the group being called inferior can get a bit of a thin skin.

Here is the Progression of Purity I have seen on this board, and others:

Dry fly fisherman (especially if he makes his own flies)

Wet/nymph without indicator

Nymph fishing (anyone ever seen anybody on this board get riled up when nymph fishing with indicator is questioned?)

Streamer fishing

(all the above with fly rod)

Spin fisherman using flies

Spin fisherman using lures

Spin fisherman using bait

So I guess we can all gang up on bait fishermen.

I love the "let's play a CD on the car stereo" and use it as our soundtrack as we drive down the road for 5 minutes part. This guy fires me up because he does a lot of stuff wrong, it really bothered me the whole "he's twitching out" thing....um do ya think? You just covered him in snow after dragging him in the river for a few minutes to wait for "cameraman" to finish his commentary. I wish that F&W could do something about guys like this, but technically, they're not doing anything illegal. Is it bad that I wished the cameraman jumping down onto the ice shelf would've broke it and sent these guys downstream on a Bow 'berg for a few miles (ie. over the Carsland weir?)

Great comments BBT and Lukes father.

Also keep something in mind.....

I did a lot of fishing with bait with my boys back home in Texas. I got soooooo sick and tired of listening to lure fishermen call bait fishermen potlickers (a very derogatory term) and how Potlickers were killing fishing in Texas (which is utter nonsense). Then listening to the new kids on the block (fly fishermen) call anyone who wasn't fly fishermen potlickers, and how they were all killing the fishing in Texas.

Anyway, whenever one groups appears to claim superiority over another (and if you don't think some fly fishermen claim superiority either spoken or unspoken, you are not paying attention) the group being called inferior can get a bit of a thin skin.

Here is the Progression of Purity I have seen on this board, and others:

Dry fly fisherman (especially if he makes his own flies)

Wet/nymph without indicator

Nymph fishing (anyone ever seen anybody on this board get riled up when nymph fishing with indicator is questioned?)

Streamer fishing

(all the above with fly rod)

Spin fisherman using flies

Spin fisherman using lures

Spin fisherman using bait

So I guess we can all gang up on bait fishermen.

Let me know when you're done on the soapbox

soapbox.gif

Chris,

I like that!

Tako, I like it on my soap box. Lets me look down and feel superior over all the folks feeling superior.

Hit a little close to the bone with my comments? You seem to be pretty high up on the Progression of Purity scale.

Edit:

By the way Chris, I like these!!

soapboxfz9.gif

rantyl2.gif