Fly Fusion Forums

He's Back Look Out Boys Haha

Guest bigbadbrent
I personally think we should all get together and throw Rick in the river...

....Oh wait. Forget that. If we wait long enough, he'll just fall in himself. :P

haha, you've apparently fished with Rick enough. Second time i ever went fishing with him it was like 3 degrees and he went for a good swim.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one time i fished with rick he went cliff jumping into the river it was fall the river was at that temp right before it turns to ice and i think he said "ahhh *hit! well thats it for me see ya later" and then he continued to fish for an hr. dude must be from Texas.

Guest bigbadbrent
Still makes no sense.

It is not illegal to use hooks with Barbs on the Bow River, so what are you getting at?

MTB, Barbless hooks are mandatory in all public waters in alberta

Don't ever change Rick. :P

Unfortunately due to my screw up, my point will be missed. :angry:

Do explain. I want the guy nailed to the wall but don't know where to start. Everyone's supporting streamwatch, why not nail this guy.

Exactly.

Tako, I get your point (ok, I'll stop it with the pun) and admire your passion. But there is absolutely no way a picture is going to result in any sort of conviction. At the end of the day, its a picture of a lure and a fish. It wouldn't stand up in any court.

Exactly.

Tako, I get your point (ok, I'll stop it with the pun) and admire your passion. But there is absolutely no way a picture is going to result in any sort of conviction. At the end of the day, its a picture of a lure and a fish. It wouldn't stand up in any court.

It likely won't go to court. No money for court fees over barbed hooks. But it WILL cause two things: He'll be known to the F&W officers (if he isn't already) and it might just make him start crimping, which is all I really care about, the well being of the fish.

Sure. I agree that if he breaks the law, he should be charged.

As for knowing the Regulations better than the "AB guys...." I would hope so in some cases.

I have been fishing these waters for so long that I take for granted that the way I fish is okay because I've been fishing barbless hooks for over 20 years. When I go to new waters, I check the specific regs to ensure I don't break any rules I'm not sure of.

As for the "General" Rules. I admit that I haven't read them for years because they are so basic that nothing ever affects me. My mistake was shooting my mouth off when I was a little ignorant. No big deal.

My point was that once again, these guys got to us, via a stupid video that shows one fish that they grossly exaggerated in size. Even though they might have posted evidence that they broke the law, my point was that there are 100 other people like them that don't put their illegal fishing on tape....and those are the people that I would spend more energy on.

And an admission on the website of the fish taking THAT lure.

Nope, he says he lied. Digital image, doesn't stand up in court unless it's on the data card. Prosecutor thinks it''s a waste of time. Sorry no conviction. The point is I don't think it's a proper use of resources to be chasing some guy down that wants to piss off a few fly fisherman.

I see your point MTB. The barb issue aside it would be hard to prove this guy has done anything illegal. That said the barb issue as well would be hard to prove without a reasonable doubt as the guy could likely claim a couple different stories.....

Welcome to the club!! The membership list is long and distinguished. I think everyone is on it but SilverDoctor!!

Hell, I was a founding member :lol:

MTB, I think the same way, but I catch myself sometimes going "waaaaitaminute, I better check the regs" Cause sometimes they change :ph34r: