Fly Fusion Forums

Shows how little everyone knows :lol: It is a surprise to everyone for sure. Hardly anyone expected more than 55 seats for the PC's. I didn't think they would get more than 50. Well the good thing ...there should be continuity.

Shows how little everyone knows :lol: It is a surprise to everyone for sure. Hardly anyone expected more than 55 seats for the PC's. I didn't think they would get more than 50. Well the good thing ...there should be continuity.

The outsider's perspective is that this is a good thing

It’s a great day to be orange and blue but I still would like to see a bigger opposition in the house. 8 liberal seats and 2 NDP won’t cut it at all, but when will the Liberals learn that they need to pick a more charismatic leader with a strong vision for Alberta? And when will they learn that attack ads don’t work? The Liberals need to come to the table with fresh positive ideas for the major issues instead of sitting back and pointing out the negatives. They need to prove they have what it takes to lead this province and the way it sits now with Taft and the other seven they don’t have a snowballs hope.

Half of the anti-conservative ads out there didn't even identify who they'd rather you vote for. The whole "Albertans for Change" thing didn't even list a candidate.

When a party can screw around and contemplate their own incompetence and lack of vision for four years and still win all but 10 seats, it really says something about the opposition and the attitude of the people.

I think it boiled down to not trusting a guy like Taft or Mason with the oilsands.

I think Special Ed benefited greatly from fear. I read through some of the WAP info on their website and liked it. I know a lot of other people liked it too but the big fear was a vote for WAP could allow the Liberals to sneak up the middle. Their policies would have been a disaster. Ultimately, voters choose to stay with the "conservatives" they knew rather than risk the new party.

The WAP sure seemed to have a lot of young candidates. Ours was 26. It looks like a potential new wave of political interest.

I think it was more so the better the devil you know syndrome, none of the parties really showed much promise or any true vision or plan for the future.

again my .02

tight lines

Teck

totally, mix that with the fact nobody votes in AB and voila a tory goverment for longer than most people on here have been alive.

We were having a conversation at work here about the result and one guy said that it's always the same here in Alberta, everyone votes conservative. Yea all of 41% of eligible voters got out, and that guy was not one of them. Apathy = Alberta.

If even half of the 59% had got out and voted differently would the results be different?

Voter turnout was poor for sure....I liked those ads like "I couldn't vote because I was in an intense staring contest" or "my recliner got stuck in 'recline' and I could't get out to vote" Pretty good message, still didn't work though. I don't know if it's apathy as much as the attidude that PC's have it locked every time from the votes they do get, so "I" don't need to vote. Boils down to "don't rock the boat"...things are good, people aren't perfectly happy (nor were they with Klein) and nobody wants to chance change.