Fly Fusion Forums

Since Rick Got To...

I got a new toy too. I don't know why I did this to myself being that I won't be able to use it for awhile, but I couldn't resist. My therapy for being stuck up in the deep freeze way up North is buying stuff.

pontoon-1.jpg

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2008webca...g/2008pg17.html

I did however have a beer while sitting in it pretending I was out on the water....It went together in about 15 minutes right out of the box including pumping up the 'Toons first time, so I'm happy that way anyways. After building it and testing it out on the concrete, it seems pretty decent.

As you can see, mine is Blue and Grey, not the yellow or red shown in the pictures on the North Fork Webpage. Now I have all the bases covered as far as pontoonin' goes....small, medium and large.

Can't wait to cast the new Sage I bought at the same time while floating down the Bow in the new Pontoon.

That boat has an excellent weight capacity (800lbs) and at 54lbs it's probably the lightest on the market for its size. You're going to love it. I've seen a few of those around Edmonton and can't see anything but good in them.

Oh, and before I forget, you suck MTB. :lol:

First off I'll give my excuses/reasons so I don't get Flamed, then I'll say where I bought it.

Reason 1 is I am usually working away from home and very remote.

Reason 2 is I've looked everywhere available around Calgary and haven't found anything comparible, quality wise or price wise.

Reason 3 is that when I am working remotely, when I get bored, I like to buy stuff.... :P

I bought it thru Cabela's for $999 and it was at my house in 2 weeks.

I will suggest to anyone that might want to do the same to do it fast because by about the end of March, they end up with most of their popular Items getting put on back order and it can take months to receive.

I've been victim of that a few times. I ordered a different pontoon in July and ended up cancelling the order in September because the season was pretty much done and it was still on back order.

Other wise my business goes to Gord at Westwinds for at least 90% of my Fly Fishing supplies.

Enjoy, you have nothing to feel guilty about, until you put that jet on the back.

Get a 55 lb thrust motor, she'll fly.

Wow, you read my mind. I did indeed pick up a 55 lb thrust motor to use on it....I just thought I might start to look a little insane if people started to see how easily I am separated from my money when it comes to fishing.

....Oh, and the "I suck" comment was deserved and actually felt good to hear. Thanx :P

It is the Minn Kota Max and I can't remember the Battery and charger I got. I picked the Battery and charger up at Canadian Tire and was surprised at how much they cost. Almost as much as the motor.

I got the Sage 2540 reel in silver and a 490 Z-Axis Rod. I've never had very good luck with Sage reels, but it's been awhile since I tried one so I figured I'd give them a second chance. I also got a good deal on it as a combo. If it doesn't perform well, at least it will still look cool.

Awesome toon. I like the fact that they have that casting platform. I should have bought the 9ft one at the Max Bell fly fish show couple of years ago. The guy was willing to sell it for $800.

My buddy bought an Outcast (great sale) through Cabelas a couple of months ago, but he said they wouldn't ship it to Canada. He arranged a pickup in Montana. Were you able to get this Scadden shipped directly to you? What were the shipping costs?

Yes I had it delivered to my Home in Stettler. I did find that some of the Brands won't deliver outside the States though, but North Fork did.

Total cost was $1177.

I'm in no way trying to take business away from local businesses, but after comparing what I could get locally and seeing the boat I bought up close, I decided it was the best for me. If I could have found it locally, I would have bought it instead of mail order.

Awesome toon. I like the fact that they have that casting platform. I should have bought the 9ft one at the Max Bell fly fish show couple of years ago. The guy was willing to sell it for $800.

My buddy bought an Outcast (great sale) through Cabelas a couple of months ago, but he said they wouldn't ship it to Canada. He arranged a pickup in Montana. Were you able to get this Scadden shipped directly to you? What were the shipping costs?

Doesn;t Cabelas have a Candian chain of stores also .. ?