Fly Fusion Forums

Jt's Killer Nymph

Fishietales

This is something I made today, Imade it to fish a lake which was pretty coloured, the fish over the last few days have been slow to take most winter patterns, firstly because of the cold weather, and secondly because of the limited visibility, so hence this little devil came into being, it took two fish on it's first two casts, it then proceded to take another five fish in the next 45 mins, but the thing was I was getting pulls every cast, sometimes three and four tugs on every retrieve as the fish followed the fly, but judge for yourselves, I've included the original so you can see the result after an hours fishing,

JTsKillernymph.jpg

JTsKillernymph2.jpg

JTsKillernymph3.jpg

Dressing as follows,

Hook: kamasan B830 #10

Thread: Black uni 0/6

Tail: Black marabou with a few strands of crystal flash

Rib: fine copper wire

Body: Veniards Pearly Ice Yarn over Fine lead wire

Back: 1/8" pearly tinsel

Thorax: Green Glister dubbing

Head: 4mm gold bead

The ribbing could easily be done with mono, and would probably last abit longer than the fine copper

Oh, and btw I loaned the fly to a friend today and first cast he puts it up a tree on the island in the middle of the lake, <_<<_<<_< I'll have to go retrieve it on friday, but I'll tie a dozen tonight just to make sure i've got them to hand B)B)B)

Whatcha mean we have weird materials?

You guys and your neighbours have some of the weirdest named stuff around, "Glow in the Dark Mobile Motion" springs to mind right away! :lol:

For the Pearly Ice yarn you could get away with using Pearl Ice Dub wound tightly or some white/pearl Antron or Zelon with some Glister dubbed onto it.