Fly Fusion Forums

Stream Watch Comes To Southwest Alberta

dryfly

With art donations Revenue Canada does (DID) allow for "artistic value"....so you donate a framed print that cost $50...they would allow a minimum "artistic value" of $100 so you could get a receipt for $150. I usually ask for a minimum tax receipt of $135 for a framed photograph. It is too bad guiding or other intangibles can't be billed. BUT it does get fuzzy, eh? Maxwell donates 8 hours for a trip and I donate just time to make a website ... someone else works, gets paid and cuts a cheque...that person gets a tax receipt. These things are not uniform, but any other way could get very abused too.

And now, if only more folks would step up and get involved...ehem...This project needs our support and we need more donations of items to help raise funds, so who's next to help the cause?

ps. I'll bid $200 for the Trophy Pike Hunt with Dryfly and ADC....(What a bargain. Photo's pending.)

i figured a donation was a donation..giving something away out of the love of whatever...not a way too feel like i supported something and made a quick buck doing so..were not talking about donations of millions of dollars...just a few hunred here n there for whatever..yall can keep that tax reciept...im doin this for the love...charity right?

Thanks TM.

Say .. can you make a list of the donations offered so far and maybe out in a new thread ....and can Dave pin the new thread.....just a thought?

Clive

I think it might keep things less confusing to have a new thread for each item up for auction.

I'l bid $250 to meet Bosephus and Olga.

Tight lines,

PMD.

i figured a donation was a donation..giving something away out of the love of whatever...not a way too feel like i supported something and made a quick buck doing so..were not talking about donations of millions of dollars...just a few hunred here n there for whatever..yall can keep that tax reciept...im doin this for the love...charity right?

But you could also donate the portion that would have otherwise gone to Ottawa. :P

maxwell, take all of the tax receipts you can. My donated pictures last year cost me money out of pocket--a few hundred. That and a few other donations and I'll probably get $1k back -- or at least reduce my tax payment by $1K. It is not like you are cheating or anything.

We all donate for the love of the cause, but why be out of pocket?

I think it might keep things less confusing to have a new thread for each item up for auction.

I'l bid $250 to meet Bosephus and Olga.

Tight lines,

PMD.

Toolman is the guy running the auction........I sent him a PM but I think he's away for a few days...........When he's back, we'll get the donations/auction sorted out so everyone has a better idea of what's up for sale, who's bidding and who's successful..........We'll put some timelines around it and it'll all be good............ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The H&H club will have a booth at this weekend's sportsman show. We should take the opportunity to use that exposure to reach more people then those who read this forum. Maybe print a bunch of these for the table. I'm not there til Sun afternoon, though. I also can't make tomorrow's meeting. LadyStrange?

• 3 weeks later...