Fly Fusion Forums

Got My Danvise Today

Rainbow

Yes it is a full rotary vise. I bought my vise on ebay at about 1/2 of what they wanted at the cheapest store in Calgary.:D There are also other fly tying sites that sell them and just about anything you need for fly tying. If you do some shopping around you can find some great prices. For example I bought 12, 200 yard spools of Danville 6/0 Flymaster waxed thread in various colours for $1 spool. :)

• 1 month later...

I've had my Danvise for a couple of years. Pretty sweet, no complaints. It is not fancy, but built very strong. I love the full rotary feature, although at times I don't quite use the rotary feature to its fullest potential. If you look around you should find a good deal on one. I got mine for about half the retail price from some fly shop in Ontario a couple of years ago.

I also bought a Danvise off of ebay for the same price and free shipping. Have had it all winter and love it. It definitely improved my tying and finishing techniques. Rotary is the way to go and I'm not sorry that I did so. Just be careful of the way that you load the hook into the jaws (especially when you change hook sizes!!)and follow the advice on the dvd and all is happy.

Do any others have some opinions on this vise? I'm thinking of getting one because of this thread:

http://flyangler.ca/forum/index.php?showto...&hl=danvise

Rainbow.. are you TEE?

Hey Birchy

No, i'm TEE and i love my danvise!!! I would suggest it to anyone. Then again, what do I know, it's my first and only true rotary vice. I tell you what though, paying 70 bucks for this vised seems to make even more sense when I use it for tying now.

• 1 month later...