Fly Fusion Forums

Deer Creek 5/6 ?

DutchDryfly

Well after more thinking about where and what the rod would be used for, I am now thinking of the Deer Creek 5/6.

After doing a search on Internet I found that it will be a nice trout rod for the fishing I tend to do with it.

The only thing I am not sure about is the line on it. I found some reference to a CND 5/6 but we do not have those lines overhere.

Main thing I read was that the line should be somewhere between 430 and 450 grains.

So what lines would you recommend for this rod. Please list as many as possible so maybe I get lucky and will be able to buy it local. :lol:

So you changed your mind on Ross's Beulah 5/6?. Theres a few guy that fish the Deer Creek here so they should be able to give you some advice on lines, although I would think that the Beulah Elixir line or a CND GPS 5/6 would work well. Canada Post is a wonderful thing and overseas packages are easy to put together.

Colin

So you changed your mind on Ross's Beulah 5/6?.

Not yet, but I think I need some more information to make a decision.

You guys have it easy, great rivers and lots of rods. Here we have almost no doublehanders, so all info is gathered from the net.

Not yet, but I think I need some more information to make a decision.

You guys have it easy, great rivers and lots of rods. Here we have almost no doublehanders, so all info is gathered from the net.

For what it's worth, I own and have fished with my DC 5/6 and I find it a fantastic rod especially for the price. In fact, my first bow river brown came in on the DC so it's my lucky bow river rod :> I load it with a Delta Airflo 6/7 and it works really well for me.

-al

The DC 6126 is a very nice Spey rod, which I own and use. I also own the DC 8130, which is also a very nice rod.

I use an AirFlow Delta 6/7, Multi Tip on my DC 6126 and would also recommend the CND GPS spey line for this rod.

The moderate action makes it ideal for close up high stick nymphing or long delicate dry presentations and streamers. I routinely use the DC 6126 with 4-5x Fluro tippets, for larger trout, without problems.

I have fished the DC 5/6 and think it is an excellent rod. With that in mind, I just purchased a Snowbee Torridge 5/6 and it is a wonderful rod although not in the same price range. I enjoy fishing the Rio Windcutter line on my other Spey rod & have no complaints with it. I purchased the Beulah Elixir line for my Snowbee, but have yet to really fish with it for comparison. I do not have any complaints with the Rio Windcutter line. I hope this is of some help to you. Remember, anything can be shipped anywhere, so don't worry if something's not local.