Fly Fusion Forums

New Rod

EdB

Bought a TFO Axiom today and took it out for a test spin this aft. Tons of slush at Hulls. Waited for little seams and dropped it in. Managed 2. First fish on the new rod was a whitie :(:angry: . Damn whitefish ruining my rod. Reeling them in that slush is a job all in itself. Rod casts great. Faster than my old rod. Keeps you a little more honest cause it didn't really let you shoot any junk oout there like i sometimes did before. Looking forward to a good full day on the bow. Only concern is that there is a fighting butt on the end of it and i don't think that it is going to fit in the rod holder on my pontoon boat. Do they screw off?

Guest bigbadbrent

The Axiom's are nice rods, definitly the best finished rod of the TFO, absolutely gorgeous, and oversized guides for shooting...Casting your whole line yet? That rod excels at far far far casts.

We'll have to get out there, i'm probably going to FC tomorrow afternoon, if you're interested

btw, you're cursed for the whitefish now...lets just hope they all go to you from now on..leave me alone!

working tommorow... i really hope that i didn't jinx that rod. your right, that rod shoots far. with some better line i bet i could really zing it out there. Will be good from the boat when i can't paddle to a spot in time. I got some line for x-mas... Airflo polyfuse7000. Brother got it in Ontario. Anybody know anything about it?

whitebone fish.ok got it. At least it wasn't one of those big ugly sucka's i caught the other day. Waht about that butt on the end of the rod. Does anybody know if they just screw offf or what?

Bought a TFO Axiom today and took it out for a test spin this aft. Tons of slush at Hulls. Waited for little seams and dropped it in. Managed 2. First fish on the new rod was a whitie :(:angry: . Damn whitefish ruining my rod. Reeling them in that slush is a job all in itself. Rod casts great. Faster than my old rod. Keeps you a little more honest cause it didn't really let you shoot any junk oout there like i sometimes did before. Looking forward to a good full day on the bow. Only concern is that there is a fighting butt on the end of it and i don't think that it is going to fit in the rod holder on my pontoon boat. Do they screw off?

Hey Ed,

I played around with several rods in a fly shop the other day. The two in my price range that struck me were the Axiom, because it seemed noticeably faster than anything else, and the Loop Multi Series cuz it was pretty and felt fantastic.

I casted an Axiom a few weeks ago, but only for a bit. It would take a bit of getting used to for me. I'm not quite up to its standards, yet....

I also was given a Bauer M5 to try with my new TFO Finesse 3 wt while I wait for my birthday present from my wife (which I am quite sure is a Bauer for my 3 wt!). I can't wait for my birthday. I landed a rainbow around 18" with it and just loved the reel. So much smoother than what I am using now.

the line on my 6 wt is only a year and half old so shouldn't need to be changed just yet. Glad to see i have some good line to put on it though.

Rickr: i think i'll like this rod. Your right though, it did show me that i was getting some pretty crappy casts out with my old one. Ya make a mistake with this one and it lets ya know. Should help me in the long run. Like i said in my pm, we gotto to get together on my days off.