Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Think That Sasquatch/bigfoot Is Real?

birchy

or if she wakes up first, give a fake name like Dave Devlin or Ryan Birch, and when questioned about phone number just say in i'm in the book while running out the door. If it you truly tied one on, you can figure out what City you ended up in later

I'm a trucker and I've never seen a sasquatch near golden BC (unless you count the waitresses at the husky truck stop *shudder*) :blink::blink:

Yeah but I heard that truckers don't care and they don't hafta do a Saltamontes :P :P

ive been fishing and came across a foot print, but i think it was someone planting it as t here was a single foot print and no others.... i also happened to notice it as my foot was coming down and actually smushed it.. oh well, i continued to fish :) of course every twig branch or russeling of the grass had me looking over my shoulder

Guest Sundancefisher

When traveling through Oregon a number of years back we stopped at a local grocery store for some supplies. There was a National Inquirer showing that said a woman was having Sasquatche's baby. My wife and I started laughing when a woman said out loud that she was taken against her will by a sasquatch a few years earlier.

I believe the fiction surrounding the sasquatch came from Native Canadian Language in which sasquatch was shortened from Indian word "saskatchewanwatchers" who were some mysterious people who where the last ones remaining in the province of Saskatchewan after the last exodus. As the lights were turned out by the last person leaving they looked back in the dark and they saw them... and gave them the shortened word sasquatch.

When traveling through Oregon a number of years back we stopped at a local grocery store for some supplies. There was a National Inquirer showing that said a woman was having Sasquatche's baby. My wife and I started laughing when a woman said out loud that she was taken against her will by a sasquatch a few years earlier.

LOL that's priceless :D

Neat footage Pacres.

This is one of my favourite Sasquatch-related clips:

Click here if the movie does not play.

See the problem with alot of this is that there are quite a few PROVEN hoaxes... so people just assume that they're ALL hoaxes. The fact of the matter is though, that there is alot of evidence that shows that there is some sort of unidentified North American ape.

A number of the videos you see on the internet are obvious hoaxes, others are debatable. The video Pacres posted above is commonly agreed upon to be a hoax, for the obvious reason rickr stated.. these are very intelligent creatures that DO NOT want to be seen.. yet this one just walks in the field while a helicopter circles around.

The most famous video is the Patterson/Gimlin film, and it has never been proven to be a hoax.. (although attempts have been made to "re-create" the scenario with significant $$$ invested):

Some will quickly dismiss it as a man in a suit.. however there's a whole bunch of detail that is almost impossible to replicate in that case.. ONE example:

I remeber reading about a sighting near the Bear's Paw dam years ago. I'm sure that there may be something out there but to find a new species of megafauna would be something else.

Hahaha i swear theres somethin in those trees by bearspaw everytime I walk down there. ;)

I remember camping at Nine Bay for about a week when I turned 30 (16 years ago)..I was up there by myself, but would have friends drop by to fish, smoke the ganja and hang out..One night , I was by myself, floating and fishing the bays, kicking trout butt and I heard a huge scream/yell/bark?? As well as the sound of trees being knocked down....This occured at twilight/dark...I slowly made my way back to camp, only one on the lake..It scared the crap out of me !!! I went back to that end of the lake the next day and found, in my opinion, Bigfoot tracks....*hit happens, I have never camped by myself there again, and always remember that sound....

Sound anything like this?

http://bfro.net/AVEVID/MJM/ss-snobf.wav

Guest Sundancefisher

Once while fishing downstream of Canyon Creek in the Elbow I heard some nasty, nasty noises coming from the bush. As I snuck out of the water and tippy toed into the trees I came upon a clearing. The noises would scare any large predators away so I figured it was not a bear or a cougar...or so I thought.

Turned out the BMW that pulled up while I was leaving and the good looking secretary and her "boss" were not taking their wine to a picnic table.

To my amazement those two were doing the wild chipmunk dance in a clearing. So the polite guy that I am I trotted past them and apologized and told them to carry on.

Guess they did not know the paths between ponds means fishermen traffic.

Cheers.

Sun

Birchy...

If I hear that camping in the woods by myself... I am GONE!!

Yeh.. that's the common consensus. Also quite a big part of the explanation as to why there are not alot of good pictures or video. Most people are in the process of fillin their shorts and the camera is the last thing on their mind!