Fly Fusion Forums

The $100 Barrel

TRADITIONALLY, the beginning of the year is a time for bargain-hunters to snap up excess stock on the cheap. Not, this year, on the commodity markets. On Wednesday January 2nd, the first business day of the new year, oil breached $100 a barrel for the first time. Gold, at the same time, reached a record price of over $861 an ounce.

"They" say that the price of gas could reach $1.50 a liter this summer. Damn greedy oil companies. After Hurricane Katrina they've come up with excuse after excuse to keep the price of oil high and bump it up higher and higher. Were at their mercy and there is nothing anyone can do. That is except fork out the extra cash.

Rob

"They" say that the price of gas could reach $1.50 a liter this summer. Damn greedy oil companies. After Hurricane Katrina they've come up with excuse after excuse to keep the price of oil high and bump it up higher and higher. Were at their mercy and there is nothing anyone can do. That is except fork out the extra cash.

Rob

that's nuttin over here in the netherlands we pay € 1,50 or ca$ 2,20 a liter and that's right now!.

greetzzz

zb

Rob

Yeah and those greedy gold companies driving the price up like that. Man I better go and gas up my Hummer so I can burn down to Fernie at 150 Km/H, dam greedy oil companies/

Interesting.

But I would say it's about the 100th End of the American Dream scenario I've seen in my short life. This one could be right, but recent doom and gloom scenarios that did not come to pass would lead me to believe otherwise.

By the way, did anyone other than me notice the Canadian Tire truck, or the gas meter in cubic meters? Me thinks parts were shot in Canada? Indistiguishable from the US, don't you think?

Maybe this is the answer:

But as a friend of mine said, it just means we'll run out of water in 200 yrs or so.....

It takes tons of electricity to make the system work. Likely the man rigged his gasoline car engine to generate the power for the system to work. The only practical source to get the electricity required from is conventional methods such as coal or gasoline. And like ethanol, his system is probably a net energy loss, meaning it takes more energy to convert the water than is received. These miracle methods are often bogus and have no practical use (except for telling people there is an amazing alternative to gasoline).

Plus FOX news is about the most unreliable media source in the first world... I personally trust very little in that news report, and they probably left out huge amounts of essential information to the system.

Interesting though

:)

Hey fisher26,

Thanks for sparing my feelings! :D

Edit:

As an interesting aside, air on a nuclear sub is made by running massive amounts of electricity through sea water to disassociate the hydrogen (which was bubbled off) and oxygen (which we needed to breath). We affectionately called it the bomb. We did have a nuclear reactor to help with the whole electricity thing.

I also agree with the Fox news thing. I don't believe that Fox will be the source of breaking energy news. (though there local coverage is not the same everywhere as national) Sorta like Bush getting a Nobel Peace Prize. Possible I guess, but highly unlikely.

But can someone explain to me the heat thing? I don't know anything about HHO (a hydrogen/hydroxyl bond instead of 2 hydrogens bonded to oxygen? Diatomic hydrogen bonded to oxygen? Don't remember my chemistry that much, but does that make any sense?). But why would it be cool to the touch, but still cut metal? I understand the net energy loss (or we would have used the Oxygen generator as a power source instead of the Nuclear Reactor, hell, unlimited fuel), but I don't get the cutting part. Any chemists out there? College students pretending to be chemists. (A little research project for you BBB)