Fly Fusion Forums

Big Bulls Don't Take Dry's .... Say whaaaat ??

Hey everyone well I got out west for the second week in a row this past weekend. Although the weather was much nicer it was actually harder to find good clean fish-able water this weekend.

I had my daughter with me on the trip and we camped over at a couple different spots. I managed to get a little brown trout action on the dry fly just before dark on the first night. The next day we headed further west where I could introduce my daughter to some pristine waters and a place that is very special to me.

At one spot I let her have a shot with my fly rod and she managed to catch and release her first ever Bull Trout. Before the adventure was over I had a rematch with the bull trout that eluded me last week and well all I'll say is a lot of people have told me that big Bull trout don’t really like dry flies .... I don’t think that is true .... you be the judge.

Here are some moving pictures for you to enjoy.
Cheers!!

• Like 3

More great memories made...I too have fond memories from the Tinda as we had many annual trail ride vacations centered from the Bighorn campground in the 80s and 90s. I slowed down the vid to watch that bully come straight up for the take. Well done GBD and River.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:36 PM, rudedawg said:

Epic moment when that big Bull takes the Stimmie, Diddy! Classic Dad situation, too, almost panic in your voice as you call "Riv! Riv!"

You and NWA Jr are living in a charmed covid bubble. FIsh on!

Yeah epic is the right word for it. Ive played that part of the video many times over. Incredibly good picture,right angle and timed just right. So neat looking down on it.

Way to go Dad and River. 

• Like 1