Fly Fusion Forums

40% Off Boxing Daze Sale

ogilvie

On December 26th and 27th we are having a once in the Year major sale...40% off all new Snowbee and Beulah products available, Our little shop will go into hybernation for January and February so that we can do the Fly Fishing Shows and maybe get some Cuba fishing in....and Bow if the water permits. So,contact us during those days to get these great deals...we will ship directly or bring with us to the Calgary Fly Fishing Show.

If there is something we don't have in stock ,we will order it and honour the 2 day event only.

Courtney

Woo-hoo!

We want a price for the following items:

Beulah 11'6" 6/7 Spey Rod

3pc.- Elixir 380gr. @ 32'

1pc.- Elixir 435gr. @ 35'

2pc.- Elixir 335gr. @28'.

PM me and we'll work out the details.

We'll be looking at everything on the sites in the next few days and may have more items to add.

TM & Max

Great,

I've been looking at Beulah rods all month. Highly recommended by a steelheader over on Guito's Lethbridge board.

Will be nice for winter nymphing down here.

For switch rods, anybody have any advice... 6/7 or a 7/8 for big browns and bull trout?? I'm not sure which is more appropriate for S. Alberta Rivers with the wind....

Thanks!

From what I've gathered from speypages and a message from Courtney, I'm looking a the 7/8 primarily because I already have a DC 5/6 for the Bow, and I wanted something with some more backbone that can handle bulls, some steelhead, and possible some pike. I imagine nymphing might be better with the lighter rod for more sensitivity.

His response to my question on the 7/8:

The 7/8 is the most popular Beulah Switch rod....simply because of it's versatility...I have used it on Large Bull Trout on the Upper Pitt River near Vancouver, Steelhead on the Island,Atlantics on the Miramichi,also for larger Chinook here on the Island although in very fast water I wouldn't like to fight a 30 fresh chinook on a Switch,atlhough a friend did on Campbell River. But the real beauty of that rod is it's versatility...I fish the Salt Water off the beaches for Pink and Coho Salmon all day..either 1 or Two Handed. The recently designed Elixir Line is a good bet ,very nice casting for either a quick Skagit style or any of the Spey casts...in November I did a casting clinic in Southern Ontario with the entire range of Beulah Switch rods,there, nymphing is very big ,as on the Bow.

Cheeler,

The 12'6" 7/8 Beulah "Spey Rod" will be good for everything you are looking for and a great compliment to the 5/6 DC you now have. As for nymphing with the 12'6" 7/8 Beulah Spey, no worries, you can get great hook sets at 80'-90' out, no problem and there are many winter lies on the Bow where you're gonna need 80'-90' casts to get into the fish.

Harps, I'd recommend the 11'6" 6/7 Spey rod, for the waters in S. AB. if I only had one rod to fish with.

We have a shipment coming to Calgary, possibly leaving later today or early tommorow, so if you guys need something, get Islandguy to put it in with our stuff and you can pick it up at my shop. We're hoping to get our new toys to play with on the weekend. Don't forget the Elixir Spey lines and Snowbee Polyleaders as well.

Greg

I went with the switch rod, as I'll find the shorter length easier to use on any bull trout streams, but it does share a large portion of its grain window with the DC rod, so I would be able to share the elixir line with the DC, though to get to the optimum length on the elixir I would need a cheater.

Had to get out today and swing a few flies...great day ...lost One nice fish...water is perfect...

All the new toys are either there or soon to be... Greyhound...One package went by mail...

Have to go visit a son in Prince George for a week ...Steelhead will have to wait

C