Fly Fusion Forums

Upper Access Limit For Jet Boats?

Was at an office ballgame yesterday about 2pm in Shouldice Park by Bowness, and saw a jet over the bank from a distance.  Green jon style, looked set up to row.  (It was definitely NOT the Fire Dept. boat). They fired up and ran back upstream from there.  What is the upper jet boat limit anyway, if someone can comment with accurate info?

anything within city limits is out of bounds. 

26 That part of the Bow River commencing at the west boundary of Section 5, Township 25, Range 2, west of the 5th Meridian and continuing downstream to the point where it exits the City of Calgary at the south boundary of Section 20, Township 22, Range 29, west of the 4th Meridian Bow River

I have witnessed a very similar boat as described on the stretch just below Bearspaw.

They were working for the Engineering company doing the assessment for the rebuild of the Back Channel by the Bowness Train Bridge.

They were taking turbidity measurements as well as depth and GPS co-ordinates.

Probably the same type of situation..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1961flyman said:

I have witnessed a very similar boat as described on the stretch just below Bearspaw.

They were working for the Engineering company doing the assessment for the rebuild of the Back Channel by the Bowness Train Bridge.

They were taking turbidity measurements as well as depth and GPS co-ordinates.

Probably the same type of situation..

Quite possible...  I didn't see rods out.