Fly Fusion Forums

travelling to Calgary

All, I am headed to Calgary at the end of July and am interested in doing a float on the Bow.  I see there are many guided trips, but I am solo and most of the trips I have seen manage two rods on the float.

If there are people who might be interested in sharing a full or half day float  i would be interested.  If there are other options, I am taking suggestions .

I admit my skills are a bit rusty on big water, currently spending my time flying for bluegills and bass, but 30 years ago was working the Bighorn, Yellowstone, etc.

Give a shop a call, they'll sometimes have a person or two that has given them the same request and may be able to help you with some matchmaking..I'd just ensure that you are clear with what you're wanting, such that you don't have two guys butting heads about what they want out of the day (say a guy only wants to fish dries, while the other just wants numbers..it won't be a pleasant day in the boat).

• Like 1

Just now, bcubed said:

Give a shop a call, they'll sometimes have a person or two that has given them the same request and may be able to help you with some matchmaking..I'd just ensure that you are clear with what you're wanting, such that you don't have two guys butting heads about what they want out of the day (say a guy only wants to fish dries, while the other just wants numbers..it won't be a pleasant day in the boat).

thanks for the thought.. I too had the same thought, they recommended I start here

Some of the Outfitters offer a reduced rate for a single usually only a hundred or so cheaper but you get the front of the boat all day and the guides full attention......often worthwhile for some keep in mind you will be floating at the busiest time of year so try to pick a week day Monday to Thursday as Friday might as well be the weekend around here