Fly Fusion Forums

Korker Wading Boots

JsN

Does anyone own a pair of the Korker wading boots with the interchangeable sole system? It looks like a great idea, but before buying a pair, I was hoping to hear of your various experiences and opinions on the boot system.

TX

JsN

I have the exact boots you are talking about, they were great for the first little while...however after about 3-4 months the interchangable soles started to just interchange too easy :lol: , like when I'd kick my iced up boot on the pavement it would fall out, eventually after time rocks got in there and made the part that holds the sole too big and theyd always fall out. I ended up just using the damn things without the soles and the boots held up for quite a while longer, but due to the fact that the soles were a major pain from the get go I'd reccomend to stay away from them. Just my opinion though... ;)

I have the exact boots you are talking about, they were great for the first little while...however after about 3-4 months the interchangable soles started to just interchange too easy :lol: , like when I'd kick my iced up boot on the pavement it would fall out, eventually after time rocks got in there and made the part that holds the sole too big and theyd always fall out. I ended up just using the damn things without the soles and the boots held up for quite a while longer, but due to the fact that the soles were a major pain from the get go I'd reccomend to stay away from them. Just my opinion though... ;)

I heard that they fixed that issue, yet I don't know first hand.

The problem folks had with soles falling off, were most often due to an improperly fitted sole. When I purchased new studded soles for my Korkers, I had Arron at Fishtales install them. He removed the old felts and cleaned the base of the boot throughly with water/brush and then used a #13 sole, that was one size larger than the #12 boots, to get a tight fit. I have not had any problems with my Korkers and have many friends using them. Plus, if you did have a problem, the folks at FishTales have a no bs warranty and will take care of it immediately. One of the many benefits of shopping locally.

Guest bigbadbrent
The problem folks had with soles falling off, were most often due to an improperly fitted sole. When I purchased new studded soles for my Korkers, I had Arron at Fishtales install them. He removed the old felts and cleaned the base of the boot throughly with water/brush and then used a #13 sole, that was one size larger than the #12 boots, to get a tight fit. I have not had any problems with my Korkers and have many friends using them. Plus, if you did have a problem, the folks at FishTales have a no bs warranty and will take care of it immediately. One of the many benefits of shopping locally.

I had problems, and i never bought extra soles, they were the soles that came with the boots when i first got them. They are however MUCH better then the cheapo springbrook ones.

Next boots are definitly Simms Guide Studded Aquastealth for me... especially if im going to be fishing anywhere other then Canada, having felt is just not a good idea

I'm on my 3rd set of laces and 3rd pair of felts. My Korkers are just starting to come apart at the seams. I only had the felt come out a few times when stepping in thick mud. I can't complain about them except they shrink and become too stiff to get on when dry, a real pain in the ass (well feet really) when not near water starting out. Keeping them wet has it's downside too as per 3rd set of laces.

The interchangeable sole is a great idea when time for felt replacement comes but I would never use those boots with the hiking sole, a one way trip to blister city.