Fly Fusion Forums

Hdtv Cable

Hey guys!

I am up in Slave Lake right now and have an HDTV but was to cheap to buy HDTV cable. Recently I scanned my TV channels all the way through and it picked up a whole bunch of HDTV cable. I have only paid for the basic cable but because my TV has an ATSC tuner and picks it up.

So maybe it is worth looking with your cable to see if you get any HDTV channels. It might be because I am in Slave Lake and they don't control their cable completely. Check it out and see what happens, I am getting a $60 HD package for $25 lol

PS: I am watching Hockey Night in Canada in HD and wow is it good! Toronto may look better in high def but they still lose!

PS: I am watching Hockey Night in Canada in HD and wow is it good! Toronto may look better in high def but they still lose!

Atleast they look good and to think I was just starting to plan their parade route!!! :P

Hey guys!

I am up in Slave Lake right now and have an HDTV but was to cheap to buy HDTV cable. Recently I scanned my TV channels all the way through and it picked up a whole bunch of HDTV cable. I have only paid for the basic cable but because my TV has an ATSC tuner and picks it up.

So maybe it is worth looking with your cable to see if you get any HDTV channels. It might be because I am in Slave Lake and they don't control their cable completely. Check it out and see what happens, I am getting a $60 HD package for $25 lol

Out of curiosity, if you don't have a HDTV receiver, aren't you just watching digital cable? I'm not completely sure, but I think you need the box to process all the extra picture data?

Out of curiosity, if you don't have a HDTV receiver, aren't you just watching digital cable? I'm not completely sure, but I think you need the box to process all the extra picture data?

Some TV are "ready" So you need an additional box. and some TV have "Tuners" So they can process that extra data on there own.

It isn't Shaw it's just the local cable company called Slave Lake Cable TV. I think it is happening because this company doesn't have complete control over the cable signal and nobody has told them about it yet.

Yes it is just digital cable but it is definitely in HD. The channels are coming in like 74.3 is Discovery HD and 76.1 is TSN HD. So it is working like digital cable but the tuner in the TV is picking up the HD.

You can definitely tell that it is HD not just digital cable. Man is it sweet :)

Guest Sundancefisher

They may have a promotion on. I know in Calgary for a while after getting digital they also threw in the HD channels...then they were gone. Some channels are still free but not TSN and Discovery etc. as they took them away.

In the US HDTV is mandated and so some channels may be coming in HD and with the right TV you could see the benefits.

Also if you upgraded your TV you may have just received a better picture. If you can see skin lines and pores on close ups then it is probably HD. THere is a huge jump in picture quality between basic cable and digital and then a lesser jump between digital and HD. I find seeing the puck clearly on HD a good indicator.

Hope you can see the fishing shows in HD...

Cheers.

Sun