Guest bigbadbrent

Neidermayer Retirement?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Neidermayer, coming back?

• He'll be back after christmas
    • Ol' Fart gonna retire
    • He'll be back TONIGHT

Guest bigbadbrent

Any hockey fan should care..neidemayer is arguably the best player on the blue line..in the entire league

I understand why he is contemplating retiring..what HASNT he won?

Guest bigbadbrent

They're shopping around everyone except pronger on the D, so i think he's definitly back(not playing tonight, but announcing the return) or at least this season

Guest bigbadbrent
Because the Ducks officially suspended him in September for not appearing at training camp -- a move that was, essentially, a formality -- they did not have to pay him unless he returned. Anaheim will pay him roughly $4.4 million of his $6.75-million annual salary for this season.

Because of that, the Ducks are better able to fit Niedermayer under the NHL-imposed $50.3-million salary cap, although in recent days Burke has been trying to trade one of their higher-salaried players to clear some cap space. Currently, their cap hit is roughly $46 million.

Burke has been actively looking to shake up the underachieving Ducks (12-12-4), who are in third place in the Pacific Division and, entering today, 11th in the Western Conference with 28 points.

It is expected that any of the defensemen, except for captain Chris Pronger, could be moved in order to fit Niedermayer under their salary cap -- not only for this season but next season because Niedermayer is under contract and the team must have what's called "tagging" room to add him to the roster

and for some reason, they still haven't resigned perry?

look for them to move a third or fourth liner and a draft pick...if they move one of their higher end players, it could mean they are trying to bring in some secondary scoring...as for the cap, they can fit him this year, it's next year that poses issues (roughly 2.8 over)...watch for o'donnell to go or else moen to go...

Guest Rocknbugs
I don't really care, but I think he'll retire. He's had a great career.

What interests me more is tonight's return of Fernando Pisani to Rexall place

Word.

Word.

Ha, well aside from a brief mention of Fernando's incredible recovery story, he was lost amidst all the Crosby-hype. And wow does Pierre McGuire love that guy or what, I have never heard someone make so many raving comments about a guy's leg strength and explosiveness :blink:

Guest bigbadbrent

I can't stand him,

my favourite play by play (not by pierre), was last years All Stars game, and Brodeur saved a puck, but it broke his wireless mic thing off, and it slid into the net, and they though that the had broken the puck in half when it hit him. So they go to the over top picture, and see its the wireless thing and the guy says "Ahh yes, the old fake broken puck play"

i laughed for hours

Guest Rocknbugs
Ha, well aside from a brief mention of Fernando's incredible recovery story, he was lost amidst all the Crosby-hype. And wow does Pierre McGuire love that guy or what, I have never heard someone make so many raving comments about a guy's leg strength and explosiveness :blink:

Yea Mcgiure is a total putz. I would rather pound nails through my eyes than listen to him.