Fly Fusion Forums

Survivorman

Les Stroud is the man, 10000x cooler (and NOT fake) then that stupid Man Vs Wild show

Totally agree man, that guy is a friggin joke. It's unbelievable that he gets away with totally conning his audience <_<

Les is the real deal. It would be sweet to go fishing with him sometime and hear all his wild stories.

Cool show. My buddies and I used to root against him, then I realized he actually knows what he's doing. Kind of crazy though...like when he dilutes his own piss back to straight H20...not sure if I'd be up for that. :lol: Rick mears from the show rick mears bushcraft is pretty cool too.

Guest bigbadbrent

Ya dude, the Man vs Wild guy actually tells people drinking your own pee (un-distilled) when dehydrated is fine...which, it is CERTAINLY not

Ya dude, the Man vs Wild guy actually tells people drinking your own pee (un-distilled) when dehydrated is fine...which, it is CERTAINLY not

Click here if the movie does not play.

Nothing that he says is inaccurate. He's not suggesting that you can keep on drinking your own pee and survive, he's just suggesting it as a last resort to get fluids in your body until you find water. It's well known that you will eventually die if you keep on drinking your own urine, but as a temporary solution, it's almost always safe.

Guest bigbadbrent

It's nothing to do with unhealthyness, its simple surival and body functions. It comes out with SALT in it. Liquids in your body cells flow from low solute concentrations to high concentrations (Osmosis). So drinking your own pee is equivalent to drinking salt water.....If you were that desperate for water, you would do it the Les Stroud way