Fly Fusion Forums

Serious Double Bunny..

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

This thing is gonna have SO much action in the water. All of the things are tied in where the red rabbit is, and the hook is trailing with 50lb fireline, with the fireline integrated inside of the double bunny, so its not shown, nor will it affect the motion,

gonna be sweeeeeeeet

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

Guest bigbadbrent

Mine has more motion, but his is like triple the size...pretty sure he hunts the rabbits that hang around the NW, then ties while enjoying rabbit stew :P

the hinges are nutty dude...u havnt seen my new desing with the split rings..freakin jointed rapala type movement...tested em today...ill give u one too fish...u will see! have had ur fly in my box the past few years..i hate the glue and whatnot..will be long and slender profile in teh water and teh hair will flare out on the pause...i didnt like double bunnies glued together mainley because they have a "spine" therfor restict teh natural left and right swim motion...like the jointed rapalas now the double jointed one in my post with the o rings...

Guest bigbadbrent

Nope, using just a regular hook now, cheaper then partridge (free!) and then dropping a hook i got from Tyson

I made a fairly ghetto rig. Clinch knotted the fire line (you can push a loop through, and pull the hook through the loop, it works, but i find tying one piece of fireline is far easier then two) to the hook.Put the hook through the rabbit. I then (ghetto) hooked the hook into my desk and extended the rabbit out. I lined up the fireline with it, stretching it all out straight. I then put a heavy object (coffee mug) on the front, to make them stay put. Then put an initial glue on, and let it dry for a minute or two. Then put another thing of glue on, put the other strip on, and let set.

Did these 3 a time, as they're a bitch, then just tied them in later