Fly Fusion Forums

Two Boats Busted Coming To Montana With Zebra Mussels:

From the funnest fly shop on the Mo:

http://www.headhuntersflyshop.com/two-mussel-encrusted-boats-intercepted/

Both from the Great Lakes region. One of the boats was headed to BC. Good to see they were caught, but scary to think of how vulnerable we are to this despite the boat inspection stations.

The mussels have already been found on the Mo as well. Reminder to clean off your boat if you float the Mo this year - there is at least one coin operated car wash in great falls, conveniently on the way home.

• Like 4

When i was in the Manitoba Parklands last week.They shut down a lake called Siniguish in the Duck mtns.It is great that they are intercepting these boats,but we never here about convictions,penalities etc.It was nice to hear when i was checked by Medicine Hat,that our AB.Staff knew about this.Now that they have also changed inspection times to 24hrs a day.I'm sure there discoveries,will go up.Also shame that SASK,isn't on board.No inspection stns from MB.border ,until i got to Medicine Hat....

A heads up for folks going to B.C.

If you have been in Manitoba in the past 30 days, they will want to decontaminate your boat. This involves washing your boat with 140deg water.

This is a bit of a hassle but not really a big problem "IF" they have a decon (pressure washer) on site. On my last trip to B.C. (Whiteswan) we got the royal run

around trying to get our boats decontaminated as all of their washers were broken. If it hadn't been for a very understanding young lady, they could have refused us entry into B.C.

We drove from Radium to the Kicking Horse (Golden) boat inspection station to have our boats washed only to find out their washer was broken as well.

If I was going again, I would stop at the Alberta check stop west of town and ask them very nicely if they would mind washing my boat.

BK

• Like 1

Brunsie; Good on you for travelling up to Golden .When you were already at the Radium check stop & heading to Whiteswan.That's like 250 kms added plus 4-5hrs,gas etc.Atta Boy Award for sure.Above & beyond effort....