Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Here Good With Camera Repair?

LynnF

I have a Kodak Easyshare that's just barely 2 years old and, despite the fact that it's not terribly expensive, we really like it due to it's small size and convenience for travelling and fishing. However, for some reason the shutter is stuck and hangs down halfway on the outside of the lens. I took it into Black's and after being charged $20 to look at it, they told me it'd be close to $135 to fix it. The camera isn't worth that much to be honest, but I'd hate to just chuck it out and buy another one.

If anyone here is handy at this type of thing and wouldn't mind taking a look at it before we give up on it entirely and buy a new one, we'd sure appreciate it. And no worries about totally ruining it if you decide to...because it's pretty much useless as it is right now and I'd be willing to take that risk.

Thanks!

Unless we've a camera techy on board your loveable digital is now officially a doorstop. As you noted, the camera is not worth repairing--agreed. You'll have a 2-year-old repaired camera. Buy a new one for $300 or so. It is sad really, but that's life these days at $75 to $100 per hour for bench time.

hell worse case lyn if ur gonna by a new one let me take it a part and give it a go :blink: ..ive got a good track record overall with taking apart gizmos and puttinghtem back together...not undefeted tho...might aswell wreck it having fun..thats my motto :lol:

Ya Max took apart his spellcheck and it works great now :lol:

Unfotunately Lynn we are in a disposable world. If you buy any electronic gizmos (TV's, DVD players etc) under $350 the repair bill is usually more than the purchase price. Perhaps buying the optional extended warranty at purchase is not a bad idea......Hmmmmm.

Go to the "The Camera Store" on 11 Ave and 7th St SW and look around. They have great cameras and great service. They know their SH**!