Fly Fusion Forums

Ramped Up Bow

Dangus

So I guess they are doing the water in/water out thing now?

Just noticed this as of ~3am morning that it's up to the high 90s Cms(pretty much the same as the flow on the cochrane side)

Guess fishing is going to be spotty for a few days?

Yeehaw...damn Stampede is causing a dam stampede.

Ahem...I have only been paying attention to flow rates and the quality of fishing for 5 years. I am no expert, but it is impossible to argue with the validity of empirical data.

I have observed that fishing is generally on par or better with increased flow rates if visibility is minimally impacted. Given the river is still flowing significantly below normal, I would not expect any change in the fishing. I would expect, however, the fish might move around a little and you might see a little less topwater action.

Hmm my experience has always been that a rising river has shitty fishing.

It did hold true for me today. But maybe it's the mind game.

Managed one old fat 18-20ish mangled bow ripping a streamer below police.

Lots of plant matter getting stirred up. Not great for the swing, or anything for that matter.

Hmm my experience has always been that a rising river has shitty fishing.

It did hold true for me today. But maybe it's the mind game.

Managed one old fat 18-20ish mangled bow ripping a streamer below police.

Lots of plant matter getting stirred up. Not great for the swing, or anything for that matter.

we where swinging a soft hackle last night, was def some top water debris/weeds floating. was prolly one of the most active I've veer seen the bow river. it was awesome. Just saying.

Hmm I've also heard other reports saying that some spots are hot one night and dead the next. That was also my experience this week.

Where I was had absolutely no bird activity other than the odd swallow over the riffles between 1 and 5.

Suppose I was in the wrong spot or didn't wait long enough. I've been out 1-1030 for the two nights previous and was clearly losing my mojo.

Hmm I've also heard other reports saying that some spots are hot one night and dead the next. That was also my experience this week.

Where I was had absolutely no bird activity other than the odd swallow over the riffles between 1 and 5.

Suppose I was in the wrong spot or didn't wait long enough. I've been out 1-1030 for the two nights previous and was clearly losing my mojo.

Ugg...my experience as well. I went out with my friend for 2 nights in a row. On Friday, he was 30m upstream. He caught 7 fish. I caught 0. I guess, if I average, the fishing was OK.