Fly Fusion Forums

Upper Oldman

Hello, I was planning an adventure trip to the upper section of the old man, specifically to the falls. It would my first time out there, looking to hike, fish and explore the area. for the guys who have been there and camped, what is the best way to get up there, I tried Google maps with no luck. So far I got the maycroft Rd all the way upstream to hwy 40? Is there signs along the road? Thanks

Maycroft will bring you all the way to a "T" intersection on hwy 40 by Dutch Creek. You go over the bridge at Dutch and make a left. That road will take you to the falls. Grab a copy of the southern alberta back roads maps book (fly shops have them) worth every penny and will show you exactly how to get to where you want to go.

Which falls are you talking about......the "falls" downstream from the "Gap" or the falls on the Upper reaches of the OMR ( K19?) on Oldman River Rd.? A lot of people don't know about the upper falls which are much higher.

• Like 1

Thats the falls below the Gap.

On the Maycroft road just before the Gap, you'll see all the vehicles parked on the right at the trailhead. Half a dozen parked there yesterday.

Colin

Thanks for the reply, so is this picture the upper fall? Will be heading out this weekend. Thanks

Someone already told you it's the lower falls, and to look for the other dozen vehicles that will be parked at the trailhead.

You should reap what you sow. Bud.

That phrase makes no sense in the context of this conversation. Practice what you preach would have been a much better choice of words if your implying that my comment was as arrogant as the one you had made. Hope you have a great day. Bud. 👍