Fly Fusion Forums

Floating The Upper Bow City Stretch

just a question,

if one wanted to float the upper stretch with his drift boat, where could one launch, and pull out?

has anyone tried this? i remember a year or two back seeing a couple boats floating that stretch.

i know the zoo parking lot could be a potential take out anyone have experience with this?

I launch at shouldice and take out at 17th/blackfoot... best bet is Glenmore, but the side channel at Harvey passage doesn't have enough water.... so class 3 rapids it is, good luck.

Ive taken out at the zoo, my boat is pretty light and that is an effort, I wouldn't ever do that again.

We used to take out where Nosehill creek comes in but that was a few grey hairs ago

I've looked at this option but you can't get a trailer down to the confluence anymore, so you would have to work your way up nose creek a few hundred meters

Uhhh no. First, Harvey passage is CLOSED. You can't go through the right channel. You would have to portage, which I'm guessing with a drift boat, not possible. The put in at Shouldice is often gated you never know if it will be open. The take out at the zoo is unaccessible because of the zoo construction. The upper section of our river is now basically shut down to boats that need to trailer in. You can thank the Fire department. Its been their mission to keep people off the river since about 2008.

Uhhh no. First, Harvey passage is CLOSED. You can't go through the right channel. You would have to portage, which I'm guessing with a drift boat, not possible. The put in at Shouldice is often gated you never know if it will be open. The take out at the zoo is unaccessible because of the zoo construction. The upper section of our river is now basically shut down to boats that need to trailer in. You can thank the Fire department. Its been their mission to keep people off the river since about 2008.

im gonna figure out a way. im gonna float it this year.

• Like 1

im gonna figure out a way. im gonna float it this year.

Yeah I thought that was cute.... Harveys Passage has been "closed" since the floods but I have drifted through there 100 times since.... it looks as though the side channel is getting more flow it might be passable soon.

• Like 1