Fly Fusion Forums

Alberta Bull Trout Management And Recovery Plan 2012 - 2017

Tis interestin' that they list a portion of Willow Ck as B class bulltrout habitat and if there is any BT genetics left in Willow it's buried deep within most common char species left in the creek

Tis interestin' that they list a portion of Willow Ck as B class bulltrout habitat and if there is any BT genetics left in Willow it's buried deep within most common char species left in the creek

They must be somewhere along the watercourse. I've never pinched one and didn't see any during the electrofishing that we did a few years ago.

This isn't new, it was first drafted in 2012 unless I'm missing something.

Are there plans for another refresh to this plan after this one expires in 2017?

Should be in the works already, as it takes them forever to review/ release these things when done. I know of some very positive news coming out on the bully front so hopefully we are starting to see more widespread improvement. These plans are supposed to be updated every 5 years until the species is recoverad, doesn't usually work out that way though.