Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Near Revelstoke

Just got back from a ski trip to Revelstoke BC. Is there, generally speaking, decent fishing near Revelstoke, or along hwy 1 (Revelstoke Park, Glacier Park, Field etc) worth exploring. Goes without saying that I'm not trying to phish your best spots. Just wondering if it's worth the effort. My impression is that it would be typical high alpine, relatively infertile, coldwater habitat. Fish can be found, but they aren't terribly numerous or big. That impression formed by Backroads Mapbooks publication.

The Columbia looks interesting; it actually resembles a river for a few km's between massively long lakes.

Anyways, just kicking some tires here.

Just got back from a ski trip to Revelstoke BC. Is there, generally speaking, decent fishing near Revelstoke, or along hwy 1 (Revelstoke Park, Glacier Park, Field etc) worth exploring. Goes without saying that I'm not trying to phish your best spots. Just wondering if it's worth the effort. My impression is that it would be typical high alpine, relatively infertile, coldwater habitat. Fish can be found, but they aren't terribly numerous or big. That impression formed by Backroads Mapbooks publication.

The Columbia looks interesting; it actually resembles a river for a few km's between massively long lakes.

Anyways, just kicking some tires here.

I'm back and forth through there all the time to go to my parents place. The Columbia is tricky to fish unless you have a boat. It is also closed up stream of the Highway 1 bridge in Revy all the way to the dam. I have heard that the Little Yoho is a good place for an adventure up by Field. If you get a chance you should also look at Kinbasket Lake. I have a few family friends that make a yearly trip there and they absolutely love it.

There are a few rivers around Revy that I've always wanted to try. The Perry River to the west of Revy looks really enticing from the road, and the Illecillewaet River also looks very fishable from the road. I have never once seen anyone in either river...at least not from the road.