Fly Fusion Forums

Pflueger President 2056 - Price?

birchy

Guest Sundancefisher
I just bought the 3/4 off e-bay for $108 cdn including all shipping and taxes a couple of weeks ago. I know wholesale sports is retailing them for about $159 +tax, not sure about the fishing hole.

Depending upon what someone wanted it for...for the versatility I would of suggested a Teton Tioga ($155) or a Orvis Mach V Reel (on sale for $179 from Orvis). The drag really doesn't look good on the Pflueuger. At least with these reels you have versatility to go salt water some day.

Has anyone used a Pflueger in the ocean?

hey birchy how big of a rod u lookin too jam that thing on..i may know of a few reels in ur range or cheaper, they aint pfleuger but...no ebay..no retail stores either...cheap cheap...and no i havnt kicked teh *hit outta them...i had a tioga for a while too demo with my spey and didnt like it at all..too much plastic inside and out...look easy too bend and bang up too...didnt give it the drop test tho..she wasnt mine...was a magnum i believe...i could see that plastic drag nob gettin smashed easy tho...

hey birchy how big of a rod u lookin too jam that thing on..i may know of a few reels in ur range or cheaper, they aint pfleuger but...no ebay..no retail stores either...cheap cheap...and no i havnt kicked teh *hit outta them...i had a tioga for a while too demo with my spey and didnt like it at all..too much plastic inside and out...look easy too bend and bang up too...didnt give it the drop test tho..she wasnt mine...was a magnum i believe...i could see that plastic drag nob gettin smashed easy tho...

My "Bow River rod".. 6 weight.