Fly Fusion Forums

K Country Stupidity

Got to the K lakes around 7 am this morning and after 2 casts or so, this huge blizzard blew in en gave up after about ten minutes. Any one else try? I was in the gold s10, flying out of there on the 40 by the way, snickering at all the vehicles heading into it! :lol:

You're right, it has a habit of going on and off.....and it did all day!

I arrived at the Dam around 9 am and it was pretty nice. I put the pontoon together and it looked like it was going to a nice day, hardly any clouds in site and not even a breath of air.

Oh yeah, I saw you snickering at me <_<

After getting everything set up, I paddle out along the shoreline and the first one blows in, so I fight my way back to the launch and wait it out in my warm vehicle. It says it's -1 celcius, but I figure it looked like it was going to blow through.

It did after about 20 minutes, so I head back out.

No wind and the sun is shining. This time I get about twice as far and the next one blows in.

Again, I fight my way back to the launch and wait it out.

This one took about half an hour to blow through, but after it did, it was beautiful.

No wind and not a cloud in site, so I head back out.

About 50 feet out, I get a nice hit. I fight the fish for a bit and suddenly, I am spinning in circles and heading for the rocks.

The wind is blowing about 100 KMs per hour and the sky is dark. I decide I better get on the oars rather than fight the fish, so I put the rod in the holder and get control of the Toon.

Well I lose the fish of course and luckily, I hadn't gotten far away from the boat launch this time as a huge Blizzard socked itself into the valley.

I Threw the boat in the back and got the hell out of there by about 12:30.....

And snickered at every vehicle I passed on their way in.

Tomorrow's supposed to be nicer, so hopefully it makes up for today....and hopefully my frostbite is better by morning too.

How true on the weather....

I apologize to anyone that is affected by me trying to fish where they are and bringing this junk weather with me.

It only happens when I drive some distance to fish. If I just hit somewhere close, it's usually beautiful.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow at the Lakes.