Fly Fusion Forums

Carseland Launches

Does anyone know if the first launch at the bottom of the hill is rebuilt yet? Also what shape is the weir launch in. Last time I saw it, there was a huge concrete slab on its side that if under water you could do serious damage. If you prefer feel free to pm answer.

the levels have come up a bit over the weekend. you should have no issue as it is quite deep off the end of the launch but you will have to push your boat off you might need a second guy with you I don't know how heavy your boat is. I cant push mine off by myself it a bit of a beast. Mackinnons is great right now you could do it by your self, in fact I find its better now with the low water than it is with the higher water there are some nice deep troughs that make it easy to launch. Legacy is not good.

• Like 1

Ralph, I agree w TL, Mac is better. My only concern is at Carseland how fast it drops cause of low water on end of concrete slabs. Take it straight on as at an angle could hang up axle on corner of last slab. At least the flipped upright slab is laying down again now. Paul