Fly Fusion Forums

Ffc Logo Poll

FFC Logo Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your choice for the new FFC logo?

• olive
    • blue
    • red

Guest Rocknbugs

Would it possble to have 1 Fly Fish Calgary logo but have a couple of differant designs to put on the toque, shirt, patch or whatever. Like you could get a red one with stone fly and an olive one with say the logo of a tied fly like a Bow River Bugger which I think represents Calgary quite nicely and then maybe a blue logo with a guy in the hook set stance maybe rod up and bent severly with a little bit of line going down in front of him you could even have maybe a fish attached to the line coming out of the water I dont know just some of my thoughts. Im into it so whatever is decided Im sure I will have it quickly.

Rock.

I'm one of the few for blue. Blue for the water.

I am a waffler though and like red for the associations with good fortune, bravery, and warmth. I wear a lot of greens and olive colors to go with my eyes. Also green is associated with growth and healing.

I sure wish I could go and rip some lips now. ;)

May be too late.. but how about something like this instead:

trout.jpg

Don't want to be negative.. but I really dislike the stonefly nymph..

Wheels and I will do a quick edit and try to combine the two..

Hmm ok this i dont get. You want some nice new radical or kool design for the fly fishing logo, so all these people pros or not do some neet or different designs, and then you go with the regular one you had in the first place. That no offense looks like um...crap...flame me if you want but you could do alot better imo. So i vote no for any color or the logo...jmo.

It's obvious not everyone is going to like whatever the final design happens to be....but think about it at least you have been asked for an opinion as far as ideas go. Several suggestions actually have used copyrighted materials in them which cannot be used, even the the idea can be a copyright infringement.

You thoughts are appreciated non the less but please try to consider there are lots of issues to look into when designing and producing things.

Guest Rocknbugs
K....good. what ever we decide i'll wear it loud and proud at the river.

I have to agree with that, me to!!!!!!

K....good. what ever we decide i'll wear it loud and proud at the river.

you can wear anything loud and proud at the river!!!

we need something you can wear loud and proud where ever you may go!

i willl wear what i get, but it would be nice to have something that catches some attetion in a good way.

Think about it this way, your walking down the mall with your spouse, bored to hell wishing you wernt there.

And something catches your attetion.

its someone wearing a ffc product! now this gives you an excuse to stop and chat.

with a lame logo like the one posted who is going to notice it...

we need something a little more creative with a little more time spent on it.

we are displaying somethign we love to do. so why should we settle with a "cheap" logo.

there is alot of tallent on this board and i can gurantee we can come up with something better then this!

liek i said before this is just my 2 cents and i will purchase whatever is made.

but why dont do it right and make something that looks nice and up to date.

not a logo from an 80's tshirt

I agree Dave. It was more just playing around. The 3d effect would be tough to embroider but not impossible. I'll tone it down a bit and see what you think.

I started it it Visio then played with it in illustrator, not a good transition....

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

I don't think everyone would ever agree with one logo design because of the vast differences in style, age, etc., so I think we all have to understand how hard it must be for the people trying to come up with the final design.

I am also wondering what the purpose everyone has in mind for the "Fly Fish Calgary" gear? Personally, I just think it would be great to see others from this page out on the water, at the mall, etc., so for me, it doesn't necessarily have to be some great, new cutting edge design. Other than the folks that frequent this page, who else would really be all that interested in the merchandise? I've had shirts, hats, etc. made and it's not cheap once you start adding colors, better quality, pictures/Logos, not to mention copyright implications.

So at the end of the day for me, I'm fine with anything that they come up with. I will also throw a quick idea out there that would be easy, get what I am looking for accomplished and would be a lot cheaper as well. Any logo will have some people that like it and some that don't. Whether it is an insect, fish or what ever, so I think maybe we should just forget the picture all together.

Just a simple embroidered ball cap or beanie would be nice and a simple "FFC" on the chest of shirt or jacket would look good too IMO.

I'm sure most will disagree with the idea, but I just thought I would throw it out there.

ffcballcap.jpg

We should also find out where we can get the ball caps pictured below and use them. With so many hardcore anglers here that don't let darkness end our fishing for the day, these would be awesome. I took these pictures of my cousin's hat he got from some outfitter.

wigwam07009.jpg

wigwam07008.jpg