Fly Fusion Forums

Frog Hair

birchy

It's located off of Southland drive. Gord is a master flyfisherman, in my view and he has taught me many things about the art of fishin'...All customers get a free fishin' lesson with their purchase, if they ask nicely.

Drop in and say hi to Gord for me.

ps. I use Frog Hair Fluro for sub surface and Mono for surface flies. Simply the best...IMO

It's located off of Southland drive. Gord is a master flyfisherman, in my view and he has taught me many things about the art of fishin'...All customers get a free fishin' lesson with their purchase, if they ask nicely.

Drop in and say hi to Gord for me.

ps. I use Frog Hair Fluro for sub surface and Mono for surface flies. Simply the best...IMO

I'll vouch for that. Picked up some sinking tip line from Gord on Weds and mentioned that I had never fished anything other than floating line before. He gave me some good tips on how to fish it properly and the next day I caught my biggest fish on the fly to date.

I also agree with the Frog Hair fluoro for sub-surface and mono for dries. The only other type of fluoro that I've used was Rio and I had some problems with it that I don't with Frog Hair fluoro.

Guest Rocknbugs

Fishtales has it to if thats easier for you. I agree I started using Frog Hair about 2 months ago and I believe its the best I have used.

Rock.

Thanks for the replies gents!

One other question.. Are you guys using Frog Hair leaders too? Or just using the tippet material and tying your own?

I picked up a Frog Hair fluoro leader for nymphing but haven't used it enough to form a solid opinion. The little I have used it, though, I can't see a significant enough difference from my trusty SA leaders to justify the price difference (about $10). The tip of the fluoro leader doesn't retain memory as much as mono, but the butt section still does on mine. Haven't had an opportunity to try the Frog Skin mono leaders yet.

The fluoro tippet works great with mono leaders as long as you use a 4 wrap surgeon's knot to connect them. Fewer wraps seems to increase the likelihood that the fluoro will cut through the mono when you put weight on it (ie. a fish).

• 4 months later...