• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay okay, here's a real stumper!

PA100622.jpg

and that's paul bunyan's hand ;)

Well,let's see...just measured my hand & it's 5 1/2" in that position(from thumb to heel). My hand is not particularly big,

and I believe LK2 to be a tall fella, leading me to believe that his hand may be larger than mine. The pinky side of his

hand is just past the midway point of the trout's length. By accumulating, interpolating, mastur...oops! I mean extrapolating

all available data, I can assure you that this fish is between 11" & 12" in length; to be precise, 11 11/16". If LK2 says

otherwise, we have no choice but to question his ability to properly measure a fish. :D

On a side note, why are all these measurements in inches? I thought Canada switched to the metric system years ago?

Well,let's see...just measured my hand & it's 5 1/2" in that position(from thumb to heel). My hand is not particularly big,

and I believe LK2 to be a tall fella, leading me to believe that his hand may be larger than mine. The pinky side of his

hand is just past the midway point of the trout's length. By accumulating, interpolating, mastur...oops! I mean extrapolating

all available data, I can assure you that this fish is between 11" & 12" in length; to be precise, 11 11/16". If LK2 says

otherwise, we have no choice but to question his ability to properly measure a fish. :D

On a side note, why are all these measurements in inches? I thought Canada switched to the metric system years ago?

Don't want to get too technical here but:

I don't see where you interpolated. You extrapolated using the known value of your hand to estimate the size of LK2s hand, then extrapolated the size of his hand to the size of the trout. Now if the trout was between the size of your hand and LK2s hand, you could have interpolated. Also if you knew of something that routinely fit into your hand that was larger than LK2s trout, you could have interpolated it to the size of the trout. But if that were the case, you would be posting pictures of said object on a whole other website.

Unless of course it works different in metric.

Don't want to get too technical here but:

I don't see where you interpolated. You extrapolated using the known value of your hand to estimate the size of LK2s hand, then extrapolated the size of his hand to the size of the trout. Now if the trout was between the size of your hand and LK2s hand, you could have interpolated. Also if you knew of something that routinely fit into your hand that was larger than LK2s trout, you could have interpolated it to the size of the trout. But if that were the case, you would be posting pictures of said object on a whole other website.

Unless of course it works different in metric.

Thank you, Rick, for clearing that up. You do realize why we don't use the metric system on this forum, don'tcha?

It's just for you, brutha. ;)

Have a guess at this 2005 Bullshead res. hawg :lol:

Brianlakerainbow.jpg

Ok wow you guys were close I thought the girth might have thrown you off (I guess your all-stars at ... um... girth studies as it co-relates to length..)

The fish was 26" and a ungodly 21 inches girth. Whats that compute at for weight? I'd have to guess this is as close to 10lbs as I have ever come in Bullshead. I did get one @ 27 inches that fall, but no where near the sheer mass this fish displayed. This puppy JUMPED 4 times too :blink::blink:

Ok wow you guys were close I thought the girth might have thrown you off (I guess your all-stars at ... um... girth studies as it co-relates to length..)

The fish was 26" and a ungodly 21 inches girth. Whats that compute at for weight? I'd have to guess this is as close to 10lbs as I have ever come in Bullshead. I did get one @ 27 inches that fall, but no where near the sheer mass this fish displayed. This puppy JUMPED 4 times too :blink::blink:

It jumped? No way! Sorta like Rita McNeil dunking a basketball don't you think? In my best Scotty from Star Trek voice "you canna break the laws of physics cap'n"

It jumped? No way! Sorta like Rita McNeil dunking a basketball don't you think? In my best Scotty from Star Trek voice "you canna break the laws of physics cap'n"

Rick you are an American and you know who Rita McNeil is? Plus all your new hockey knowledge? Wow I'm starting to think you are almost Canadian.

Hawg,

That thing is a monster. I can't believe how fat that fish is. What a fish! I woulda' guessed 27.

LK, I was gonna guess 8.5"

Bobloblaw - good seein' you on the water too brother! Hope to see you more out there. Thanks for shootin' vid & I'll hopefully get it sorted out soon.

LOL.... someone's had too much Mike Richard's in the morning eh?

Save McNiel! Save McNeil... Ohhh baby!!! Another save McNeil... another save McNiel!!!!! shot .....SAVE.. McNeil!!!...........

Rick & Brian- sizism will not be tolerated on this forum! You have 24 hours to make your heartfelt apologies to Rita, or face her wrath. :angry:

LOL... don't worry I'm kiddin around. People could make fun of me too. I got an extra 40lb's packing aorund on me. Greg kept telling the while life in BC that there's more meat on THAT guy *pointing at me*

Hawy, don't feel bad. There's more meat on Ashley Olsen than Greg!! :lol:

Geez, it's just gettin' worse!!!

At least Rita's big enough to defend herself....

Although, I seem to remember Greg posting his fight record once( on FFA?), & it was impressive.

Just so's ya know, Rick - don't go pokin' that grizzly b'ar with a stick! :P

Geez, it's just gettin' worse!!!

At least Rita's big enough to defend herself....

Although, I seem to remember Greg posting his fight record once( on FFA?), & it was impressive.

Just so's ya know, Rick - don't go pokin' that grizzly b'ar with a stick! :P

I ain't skeered, though I probably should be!!