Size That Trout!

Guest bigbadbrent

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dang, you guys were generous. that cuttie was just shy of 19". deceiving pic though.

Rich,those hands must belong to a 10yr old girl, 'cuz that sure looks like one hawg cuttie in comparison. If those are your

hands, Birchy should hire you to hold his fish for pics. I see a whole new career ahead for ya, man: fish picture hand model! :P

BTW, that's STILL one real nice cutt, bro'. ;)

Wow nice guess fly tyer 25 is actually a couple 8ths on the generous side but close enough.

I say LK's is about 8"

you know though I measured a carbon copy fish of mine in that pic with the tape flat on the body rather then extended above..... It measured close to 27 but I figure it was about 2 inchs of curve...... so I guess it depends on how you measure.

Bonus question how many of my bauer reels would fit in that gut? :D

I have a pic somewhere of my son when he was 6 yrs old holding a red that came up to his chin. It was around 40" or so. Biggest I've ever caught was probably around 46. Just giant. However they can get to 80 lb. The one pictured above was the only one I've ever caught on a fly rod. Most memorable single fish of my life.

LF-26

LK-I'd say 6, but for some reason I have a hard time estimating anything around the 6" mark. I seem to always guess big. Must be a genetic (or possible a gender?) thing.