Fly Fusion Forums

The Alberta Oil Sands Survey

I recieved this in email today from the Alberta Forest Products Association. Thought ya'll might be interested.

Pretty plain survey.

The Alberta Oil Sands Survey; we want to hear from you!

Cambridge Strategies Inc. (CSI) is conducting an independent survey on Alberta’s oil sands. We want to know how Albertans think the oil sands should be developed – how fast or slow should development occur? What environmental, economic, and social issues must be considered? What should be done with the revenues? The oil sands are driving Alberta’s economic wealth, and they position Alberta as a stable non-renewable energy source for the entire world. But development of this resource raises concerns about things like pace of growth, environmental impacts, municipal infrastructure strains, population increases and quality of life. We think the questions in this survey are timely and that your answers will be important to what’s happening in the province right now.

Please take The Alberta Oil Sands Survey by clicking on this link. And spread the word to your communities, your friends and professional contacts, and anyone else you think has an interest in what’s happening in our province. By getting the word out to as many people as possible, the survey will provide accurate insight into how Albertan’s want the oil sands (and all the issues it touches upon) managed. The survey will run until November 30th, 2007.

If you have any questions about the survey, or would like to discuss it further, please contact Stacey at stacey@cambridgestrategies.com.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

filled in the survey. thanks for posting.

i think it's important to learn and participate in what's going on up there. i've learned that one of the international oil majors was planning to entirely put a stream into a concrete pipe for the life of a project, dig up the oil sands underneath in true open pit fashion, and then 'remediate' it afterwards.

i hope they'll reconsider that option but what can anybody do when society values oil at $90/bbl and nature is worth $0/bbl.

it's important to participate regardless of whether you value nature over oil or vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...