Fly Fusion Forums

Copy & Pasting Links

Al you mean when you press the "Quotes" button?!

I can't seem to "copy & paste" links in my comments on this forum. Anybody else have this problem. Am I doing something wrong? Suggestions?

I use Linux, Windows, and Mac.

Provide the following information:

What browser (and version) are you using?

What operating system (and version) are you using?

I would debug this in this way:

Is it the same behavior with a different browser. Firefox and Chrome are the 2 best browsers. Safari is the Internet Explorer for OS X. Avoid it.

Try copying the link and pasting in a text editor (like windows Notepad)

If the behavior is the same, then it might be the input.

Try highlighting the link with the mouse, except use the keyboard shortcuts copy-paste

CTRL+c (to copy the link)

CTRL+v (to paste)

If there is the same behavior with different browsers and input methods, it is likely an operating system glitch. Reinstall windows OR install Linux OR take it to the genius bar and confound them for the afternoon, whatever is appropriate for you.

• Like 1

I would download and install a different browser. Internet explorer is the worst browser. If you use Google products, Chrome is the better choice. Firefox has many good extensions. I use both relatively interchangeably.

CHROME:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

FIREFOX:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

These browsers are faster and more secure. I prefer Chrome over Firefox, but both are much better than Internet Explorer.

• 3 weeks later...

This is driving me crazy!!! I have installed Google Chrome but my browser is still IE.......still can't C&P to the forum....Get me out of this mini rage!!

You install Google Chrome. When you open Chrome, it should ask you if you want to make Chrome your default browser. Say 'yes'. It should offer to import settings from IE.

BAM! Chrome is now your browser.

If there is no offer to import settings, open Chrome. In the top right had corner, there are 3 bars---open Settings. The last 2 options on the page Users and Default Browser. Import your settings from IE and set your default browser to Chrome.

Cannot find the 3 bars in the corner? Open Chrome and type chrome://settings/ in the menu bar. Go through above steps.

The forum needs upgrading. But it falls on deaf ears. It would also be nice to have a new logo and maybe a new name. my 2c

I disagree. I think the forum is great. I have implemented a couple internet messageboards over the years. I often refer to this forum for quality control. It is easy to read and it works on all my devices. A new logo might be nice if the site is looking to improve membership. Logos need to be familiar and recognizable. Seems like a lot of work for little tangible improvements.

But a new name? To what would you change the name as an improvement?

Trust me I love this forum. It's just in need of maintenance release updates that might fix some of the end user issues. And a new logo shouldn't be a lot of work since its Fly Fusion that owns this site and I'm sure they have the tools/contacts to make a new logo. As per the name I would like it to reflect that it's an Alberta Fly Fishing site and not just a Calgary site.

• Like 1

Trust me I love this forum. It's just in need of maintenance release updates that might fix some of the end user issues. And a new logo shouldn't be a lot of work since its Fly Fusion that owns this site and I'm sure they have the tools/contacts to make a new logo. As per the name I would like it to reflect that it's an Alberta Fly Fishing site and not just a Calgary site.

Yeah, that all makes perfect sense. All things considered, the forum works fairly well. A little maintenance might be helpful.

• 2 months later...