Fly Fusion Forums

New Waders

Simms G4 zipper is a great pair of waders , when you pay that kind of money , you will get a great warranty , ask those who have Simms , they stand behind what they sell , I find them perfect in early spring or when I'm steelheading in the fall , they don't leak at the zipper and again if you have any troubles , send them in , you'll get them fixed or a new set mailed to you

I myself started wearing the pants waders from Simms a few years ago , I like them also allot , when it's warm out they sure are cooler then full up waders

You can't go wrong , might cost you a bit more , but your getting the best waders on the market , toughest and back by the best warranty

Yup, the g4z's are awesome. I've had mine for a year, and they're comfy in the winter and comfy in the summer!

Edit: I have the 2012 Model.. I think they've improved some of the waterproofing on the pockets.. I didn't know the chest pockets were not waterproof.. found out the hard way with a cell phone.

Also, I wish there was an inside chest pocket for valuables.

i have the g4z as well, they are great! i also have the simms g3 guide waders and pretty much the same as the g4z minus the upper part.

i will stand by simms and will always only buy simms gear especially waders. i have had my g4z for two seasons now and have over 100 outings on it with hiking and what not and still have yet to have a problem. i prefer to wear my g4z over my g3 guides. they are so damn comfortable.

i even wore my g4z on +30 days on the water and remarkably they were not that hot at all.