Fly Fusion Forums

Two Trips To The Crow

fisher26

I went down to the Crow two times in the last couple of weeks and took advantage of the warm weather and spectacular scenery (+8 and +5 respectively). No whitefish were caught (the reason I went, for those of you who have posted on or read the 'Winter Whitefish' thread), but the trout were reluctantly biting. I don't take many fish pictures when I'm out alone, but I managed to get a shot of a small rainbow.

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Just a note that it does make a difference if you pick up trash if you find it. There was garbage left from the floods, and I managed to pick up a few pieces on both trips. I'd encourage others to do the same (nothing spoils a spectacular river like this quite like an empty bottle of washer fluid, does it?)

• Like 7

great pictures and thanks for picking up. That section of river does not look too changed by the floods, good to know. I have not wandered down that far for a while (though by my guess you drove it? Is there access there? I'd hate to walk a long couple km's along the river only to find anglers in that area?)

I walked it, but I'm not sure if I'll do it again. Lots of private property, and sometimes it was unclear if the land was private or public (although it's fine if you're within the high water mark). I tend to do a good hike wherever I fish, and I'd also be disappointed to find fishermen after a 45min trek.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...