Fly Fusion Forums

Tore Both Sides Of My Knee, Need Some Info.

Good day all, well as I suspected from the feeling of a tear, pop, and acute pain, my MRI results came back to me and sure enough tore out both sides of my knee. Next step is surgery after the sports clinic looks at it. Since I don't have a clue of the rehab time frame and time off work scenario, I am asking those of you who may have gone through this. How much time did you need off work and how much time for rehab physiotherapy? Just trying to plan in advance and get all my ducks in a row. Thanks :)

Having ACL done 2x I do have 'some' experience. Your orthopod will tell all. Count on a few days of pain. If you can, go for alografts' (bits of dead guy - tendon harvested from cadavers). Saves on a second surgery site for harvesting some of your hamstring, which is usually their 1st choice, and less to heal.

Once swelling is down there will be at least 4-6 weeks of physio. A knee brace for 6 to 8 months. Full use in 9 to 12 months. I wore my brace for 2 additional winter seasons for hockey and skiing.

I assume you have blown both ACL and MCL?

I found the recovery from knee surgery more difficult than from hip replacement.

All the best............