Fly Fusion Forums

Policeman's Flats

I was curious about the state of Policeman's Flats yesterday so I took a drive. In my humble opinion, the boat launch and parking lot are out of the mix for the foreseeable future. The entrance road to the launch area and the parking area is simply gone. It will take some extensive work this summer to make it useable this summer. My guess is that once the road is rebuilt the drift boats can start floating again. For now I think any floating will have to be done with a pontoon, inflate ale or canoe, something that can be carried overland.

On a side note, there were four drunken BOZOS, setting out for a float down river in a canoe. I tried to talk them out of it but the booze made the decision for them. I hope they didn't hit any sweepers.

By the way, for those that have not seen the river post flood, it is still high but normally would be fish able except for the visibility. The banks also looked very unstable with several areas undercut so much that they will be collapsing in to the river. If you decide to check it out, be very very carefull.

Murray

• Like 2