Fly Fusion Forums

One Week Till I'm In Calgary, Should I Bring Equipment?

Hey everyone, I realize no one can ever know for sure. But I'm looking for some opinions from all you knowledgable people here. I fly out this upcoming Monday for a week in Calgary. I was originally planning a 3 week drive out trip to do some serious camping and fishing, the floods changed that idea. I am now trying to decide if I will bring out any equipment at all. I will not have a vehicle and only one maybe 2 days to fish if I did, so would be limited to the Bow. Do you think by next week there would be anywhere fishable? Not to mention safe to fish.

Really trying to make this decision. Dont wanna bring equipment out and not be able to use it as it will cost me extra luggage fees, not to mention I'd have to buy a new piece of luggage to fit the rod and waders and such.

Thanks for any help and opinions.

Mike

Just bring a rod, reel and some flies. You can carry the rod onto the plane, put reel and flies into your checked baggage.

Shouldn't need waders (it's in the 40's today with the humidex...the water will be plenty warm).

Anything else you can get in town if you need it. If you can't get out, oh well..but if you can and you didn't have your stuff you'll be choked.

• Like 1

Agreed-just bring a rod and some flies. I can hook you up with some smaller boots than Tungsten if you need them. My bet is it will be fishable next week, but with all the sediment coming down from all the new banks that got cut could prove an issue for clarity.