Fly Fusion Forums

2 Weight Lines

cpraud

I am just finishing up building a little 6'6" 2 wt rod and I'm looking for any suggestions on a floating fly line to put on it. I'm not looking to break the bank, I just looking for something half decent that will work for fishing small streams for Brookies and Cutties when I get the chance. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Cody

SA Mastery WF, the you can fish it a bit better on breezy days. DT is also good, I just didn't notice this accuracy improvement everyone claims... I guess maybe inside out of the weather sure, but out in southern alberta on stream I'd rather be equipped with a line I feel will cut the breeze just a little, especially on a 2wt.

Thanks for the suggestions, researching them on good old Google has helped me procrastinate from doing actual work. Its actually surprising how many lines start at 3 and 4wt and go up, not too many seem to start with a 2 wt option.

A buddy also suggested a Snowbee Delicate Presentation line, has anyone heard much about these? I can find a bit about them online but there I quite a bit more info on the Rio and Sa lines that you suggested already.

That's a good point on the wind in the south, I usually use a 4w but I figured I had the time and the tools to build something that should be a lot of fun to play around with.