Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Else Fish A Sage Ll?

The Sage 590-3 VPS Light is by far the only Sage you will ever need. From Sun fish to Tuna this rod is Da Bomb!!!!!!

The Sage VPS Light series are actually built on their original LL blanks.......introduced I think around 1996, 3 years after they cancelled the LL's

The VPS Light rods have cheaper hardware than the LL's had, but the blank is the same...and today, one can find a minty VPS Light for far less than a LL...

I've had mine since around 96 or so. Been my go to rod forever and has only left me twice for repairs. But this is the year she's going to take a long break. Fished her heavy on the Missouri last week but now it's time for the new girl to hit the water. A Winston GVX-Select 5wt. Now only if I could grow my sweet mullet back.

I really like the Winston GVX, great choice. Saw one at Troutfitters a while ago, 4 wt...almost came home with me. 2-3 years ago that would have been a $800 stick, now at just under 5......

I think you can get mullets on Ebay, in various lengths and colors....

• Like 1